Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss please help... ( self leveling compound and electric under floor heat. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rupertt2013

Hi everyone, I need your help.

in 6 weeks time we are starting to do communal area. the area is 65sqm. we are going to remove old tiles and apply self levelling compound on top of that we will install the isolation board, under floor electric heating and granite tiles 60x60. the question is what will be the best self levelling compound for that job ( the floor is concrete ) if anyone can recommend the right product. also can we do it half of the area with levelling compound and second half on the next day?
the second question is do we need expansion joints for 65 sqm?

many thanks in advice !!!

D

DHTiling

Re: please help... ( self leveling compound and electric under floor h

Tile master level flex is a very good SLC...

And yes in that size area i would install an expansion joint ... i would prefer to SLC all in one go but it can be done in 2 parts yes..

Just a quick question for you though... are the tiles deffo granite and not a look alike quartz..?

R

rupertt2013

hi Dave, thank you for quick replay. yes they are granit tiles. do you think 3 exspansion joints will be enough for this area.
how much we should charge for this job per sq meters ( removing old tiles, self leveling, isolation board, electric underfloor heating, granit tiles 60x60? ) the job is in london.

G

Gazzer

hi Dave, thank you for quick replay. yes they are granit tiles. do you think 3 exspansion joints will be enough for this area.
how much we should charge for this job per sq meters ( removing old tiles, self leveling, isolation board, electric underfloor heating, granit tiles 60x60? ) the job is in london.

Are you a tiler and we dont allow pricing in the open forums.

R

rupertt2013

Im really sorry Im new on this forum. ok the quetion is if 3 exspansion joints will be enough for this area?

thank you !!!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Occupation on his profile says builder.

Why don't you sub on a tiler to help you with this job?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
No reflection on this blokes job or intentions with the work hes planning. But i CAN NOT understand how some people sleep at night doing jobs wrong or carrying out work they're incompetent in doing.

Im on a kitchen fit at the moment. Should of been a nice job. Will be a lovely job by the time im done there. But the issues I've found whilst on it are quite literally shocking!
Electrics installed to lethal standards. Wall repairs and tiles literally hanging off. Waste pipes Sam through old socket holes. A stop **** in such a poor state it actually burst open spraying mains water everywhere. When it came to going to turn the main off roadside we found that some bright spark had tarmaced over the the access hatch!!
The kitchen I've taken out was only put in 4 years ago by a big company that works nationally. Its a bloody abortion. Everything has been patched up and bodged to get the job turned around quickly.
I aimed to have it finished by today. I've worked all through the last weekend and bank holiday and im still about 4 days behind.

If i didn't have a conscience and a reputation i like to keep untarnished id be making a killing if i worked to the same standards as some people out there.

Don't even get me started on the bathroom work they've had done not so long back. I think I'll get the job of redoing that in the not too distant future as well.

D

DHTiling

It is a fact of the uk trades market... full of " I can do that " types and it always will be..

The fact a builder asks about expansion joints worries me with this job.. and in that tone I AM OUT .. :)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
It is a fact of the uk trades market... full of " I can do that " types and it always will be..

The fact a builder asks about expansion joints worries me with this job.. and in that tone I AM OUT .. :)

Agreed. Quite a large area too. Stone. And with UFH.

You would of thought peoples desire to do a good job and support the British trades industry that if for nothing more than support a professional tiler could be factored into the cost of the job to offer expert help and support to ensure the customer gets what they pay for.
In the same way I've employed a qualified sparks and gas safe engineer for aspects of the kitchen install im on with at the moment.

Reply to please help... ( self leveling compound and electric under floor heat. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks