Search the forum,

Discuss please help... ( self leveling compound and electric under floor heat. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
No reflection on this blokes job or intentions with the work hes planning. But i CAN NOT understand how some people sleep at night doing jobs wrong or carrying out work they're incompetent in doing.

Im on a kitchen fit at the moment. Should of been a nice job. Will be a lovely job by the time im done there. But the issues I've found whilst on it are quite literally shocking!
Electrics installed to lethal standards. Wall repairs and tiles literally hanging off. Waste pipes Sam through old socket holes. A stop **** in such a poor state it actually burst open spraying mains water everywhere. When it came to going to turn the main off roadside we found that some bright spark had tarmaced over the the access hatch!!
The kitchen I've taken out was only put in 4 years ago by a big company that works nationally. Its a bloody abortion. Everything has been patched up and bodged to get the job turned around quickly.
I aimed to have it finished by today. I've worked all through the last weekend and bank holiday and im still about 4 days behind.

If i didn't have a conscience and a reputation i like to keep untarnished id be making a killing if i worked to the same standards as some people out there.

Don't even get me started on the bathroom work they've had done not so long back. I think I'll get the job of redoing that in the not too distant future as well.

D

DHTiling

Re: please help... ( self leveling compound and electric under floor h

It is a fact of the uk trades market... full of " I can do that " types and it always will be..

The fact a builder asks about expansion joints worries me with this job.. and in that tone I AM OUT .. :)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
It is a fact of the uk trades market... full of " I can do that " types and it always will be..

The fact a builder asks about expansion joints worries me with this job.. and in that tone I AM OUT .. :)

Agreed. Quite a large area too. Stone. And with UFH.

You would of thought peoples desire to do a good job and support the British trades industry that if for nothing more than support a professional tiler could be factored into the cost of the job to offer expert help and support to ensure the customer gets what they pay for.
In the same way I've employed a qualified sparks and gas safe engineer for aspects of the kitchen install im on with at the moment.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Re: please help... ( self leveling compound and electric under floor h

image.jpg

Reply to please help... ( self leveling compound and electric under floor heat. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen