Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Payment Terms Builders in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hello fellow fixers!.......

So just interested to hear back on this one......what sort of payment terms do you work on with your existing builders and would a new builder be any different you hadn't worked for in the past??.......good to get some advice from all you pros out there

Cheers

Mark

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I'm exactly the same as that now Andy, upon completion or 7 days now or I don't bother.....- ( gotta keep that cash flow going ):thumbsup:

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I'm the same with the smaller builders too, if they expect me to wait then until they get paid then I don't bother.....if they don't have the funds upfront then that worries me:flushed:........

And for that reason Andy I'm afraid to say.....'IM OUT!':relaxed:

O

One Day

i wont work for builders - period.
if they want to recommend me to their client then it's materials cost in advance from the client and a signed quotation before starting work.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Mmmmm, a signed quotations a good idea if ever you had problem with payment or anything else......are clients always happy to pay for material upfront as I've never done that ??......

F

Flintstone

I work for a couple of builders who pay up straight away but I have had bad builders, waited 6 weeks to get paid from one once. One made me wait 4 weeks then made up some rubbish to knock me a few quid. Some are total arse holes, some are ok. Probably best to talk about the money situation before doing the first job. It normally works on trust for me.

I

Italy

ooo weeks ???
then you lucky !!!
me talking months or years ...
not anymore, I select.
still have a builder who pays me one once a year.
(Small amounts).
but I always doubling the total.
him happy, I happy (is crazy)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a few "trusted" builders that pay within a few days.
TBH any new builders get interrogated MI5 style. ...anything sounds the slightest bit iffy. ..then they can find someone else.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Y
TBH any new builders get interrogated MI5 style. ...anything sounds the slightest bit iffy. ..then they can find someone else.
yes this is the issue , I'm meeting a new builder on Monday they got a couple of big jobs coming up but yes I'm going M16 on them.....you just don't know who your dealing with, there are so many crooks in this game

M

MW Smith Ceramics

ooo weeks ???
then you lucky !!!
me talking months or years ...
not anymore, I select.
still have a builder who pays me one once a year.
(Small amounts).
but I always doubling the total.
him happy, I happy (is crazy)

Months!....years Antonio!....oh man !....no way I'd be pulling my hair out!....( well what's left of it anyway! ).......Antonio that sounds crazy, you must have a few bob put away to wait that long!!!

I

Ian

7 days is on all my invoices. I'm fortunate that 90% of my work is for the same 3 contacts so payment issues are quite a rarity for me.

I

Italy

Months!....years Antonio!....oh man !....no way I'd be pulling my hair out!....( well what's left of it anyway! ).......Antonio that sounds crazy, you must have a few bob put away to wait that long!!!
in fact, it eliminated almost everyone ...
I think I'm tiler. no bank

F

Flintstone

I've been shafted before for around £1700 from a kitchen/bathroom outfit. They got paid, shut shop and did one!

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I only work for 4 builders and one of those gets us to invoice the client direct. They've kept me busy for about 3 years now so I'm very fortunate that I don't have to take risks with new ones. Been there, done that and have been shafted for a lot of money in the past. I trust the ones I work for now 100% and nearly always get paid within 7-10 days.

Reply to Payment Terms Builders in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks