Search the forum,

Discuss Payment Terms Builders in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

ooo weeks ???
then you lucky !!!
me talking months or years ...
not anymore, I select.
still have a builder who pays me one once a year.
(Small amounts).
but I always doubling the total.
him happy, I happy (is crazy)

Months!....years Antonio!....oh man !....no way I'd be pulling my hair out!....( well what's left of it anyway! ).......Antonio that sounds crazy, you must have a few bob put away to wait that long!!!

I

Ian

7 days is on all my invoices. I'm fortunate that 90% of my work is for the same 3 contacts so payment issues are quite a rarity for me.

I

Italy

I have a few "trusted" builders that pay within a few days.
TBH any new builders get interrogated MI5 style. ...anything sounds the slightest bit iffy. ..then they can find someone else.
Months!....years Antonio!....oh man !....no way I'd be pulling my hair out!....( well what's left of it anyway! ).......Antonio that sounds crazy, you must have a few bob put away to wait that long!!!
in fact, it eliminated almost everyone ...
I think I'm tiler. no bank

F

Flintstone

I've been shafted before for around £1700 from a kitchen/bathroom outfit. They got paid, shut shop and did one!

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I only work for 4 builders and one of those gets us to invoice the client direct. They've kept me busy for about 3 years now so I'm very fortunate that I don't have to take risks with new ones. Been there, done that and have been shafted for a lot of money in the past. I trust the ones I work for now 100% and nearly always get paid within 7-10 days.

J

Just Rizzle

if your worried about them do a check on the internet if there a limited company then you can check there accounts on line if there accounts are iffy walk away.
when I do any job I tell the client my quote is the price for payment with in 10 days of invoice. my invoice shows the price of the job say for £2000 my discount on the job is £500 so payment is £1500 which is the discounted price I quoted the client
my T&C is payment within 10 days to receive the discount,if payment not received in 10 days( I usually state a date so no arguments, so an invoice to day would say by 14 march 2016). then the full amount will become due,
£2000.I USUALLY RING THE CLIENT ON THE 8TH DAY after invoicing to remind them of the discount last year I had no late payers . it also stops them using u as a free money lender

J

Just Rizzle

I only work for 4 builders and one of those gets us to invoice the client direct. They've kept me busy for about 3 years now so I'm very fortunate that I don't have to take risks with new ones. Been there, done that and have been shafted for a lot of money in the past. I trust the ones I work for now 100% and nearly always get paid within 7-10 days.
I trusted a builder I worked for for over 12 years I got shafted for over £12,ooo when he crashed in 2009

O

One Day

I have a very low opinion of builders personally. Anyone else have the same? I've met some fantastic joiners, plumbers, plasterers, brickies... But builders seem to suffer from delusions of grandeur.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I trusted a builder I worked for for over 12 years I got shafted for over £12,ooo when he crashed in 2009
I got done by a firm for £13.5k 2 years ago, had 6 subbies on the go at the time so price escalated very quickly before I knew something was wrong. I'm back working on my own now and invoice work done and materials purchased every week so it doesn't get out of hand.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Y

yes this is the issue , I'm meeting a new builder on Monday they got a couple of big jobs coming up but yes I'm going M16 on them.....you just don't know who your dealing with, there are so many crooks in this game
one question only needs to be asked can you give the contact details of your last 3 tilers please if there head is moving to the right again and again while they look down when they are talking to you walk away .ask your wife to lie to you again and again no mater what you ask .look and watch nobody can hide a lie you just need to now how to see it

Reply to Payment Terms Builders in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen