Search the forum,

Discuss Payment Terms Builders in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hello fellow fixers!.......

So just interested to hear back on this one......what sort of payment terms do you work on with your existing builders and would a new builder be any different you hadn't worked for in the past??.......good to get some advice from all you pros out there

Cheers

Mark

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I'm exactly the same as that now Andy, upon completion or 7 days now or I don't bother.....- ( gotta keep that cash flow going ):thumbsup:

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I'm the same with the smaller builders too, if they expect me to wait then until they get paid then I don't bother.....if they don't have the funds upfront then that worries me:flushed:........

And for that reason Andy I'm afraid to say.....'IM OUT!':relaxed:

O

One Day

i wont work for builders - period.
if they want to recommend me to their client then it's materials cost in advance from the client and a signed quotation before starting work.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Mmmmm, a signed quotations a good idea if ever you had problem with payment or anything else......are clients always happy to pay for material upfront as I've never done that ??......

F

Flintstone

I work for a couple of builders who pay up straight away but I have had bad builders, waited 6 weeks to get paid from one once. One made me wait 4 weeks then made up some rubbish to knock me a few quid. Some are total arse holes, some are ok. Probably best to talk about the money situation before doing the first job. It normally works on trust for me.

I

Italy

ooo weeks ???
then you lucky !!!
me talking months or years ...
not anymore, I select.
still have a builder who pays me one once a year.
(Small amounts).
but I always doubling the total.
him happy, I happy (is crazy)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a few "trusted" builders that pay within a few days.
TBH any new builders get interrogated MI5 style. ...anything sounds the slightest bit iffy. ..then they can find someone else.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Y
I have a few "trusted" builders that pay within a few days.
TBH any new builders get interrogated MI5 style. ...anything sounds the slightest bit iffy. ..then they can find someone else.
yes this is the issue , I'm meeting a new builder on Monday they got a couple of big jobs coming up but yes I'm going M16 on them.....you just don't know who your dealing with, there are so many crooks in this game

Reply to Payment Terms Builders in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen