Search the forum,

Discuss Overboard T&G floorboards with Hardi Backer Board or 12mm Ply? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was going to use the Tops Tiles Toppfix rapid set flexible powdered. I assume this is okay to use.
I usually use tile master adhesives or weber when I can't get it but the last few days I be bin using the top fix as there's a store half mile from the job I'm at and I've bin pleasantly suprised it's really nice to work with

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I usually use tile master adhesives or weber when I can't get it but the last few days I be bin using the top fix as there's a store half mile from the job I'm at and I've bin pleasantly suprised it's really nice to work with
top fix flexy white forgot to say

F

flynny

great thanks for the quick reply.
i assume you screw it straight away as soon as you have stuck it down?

apply the adhesive to the floorboards, put the hardie down, stand on it and screw it in place?

will standard stainless steel 25mm screws be okay to use rather than the official hardie screws? the supplier said to just get stainless screws because its cheaper.

thanks
Stainless steel screws would cost a fortune definitely cheaper I think your supplier may have his wires crossed
great thanks for the quick reply.
i assume you screw it straight away as soon as you have stuck it down?

apply the adhesive to the floorboards, put the hardie down, stand on it and screw it in place?

will standard stainless steel 25mm screws be okay to use rather than the official hardie screws? the supplier said to just get stainless screws because its cheaper.

thanks

F

Flintstone

A lot better than ply.
Ply can rot or warp when wet, expand and contract with temp changes, the adhesive bonds a lot better to hardie. The height build up is less with hardie, no brainer!

Reaction score
Remember to leave a 1-2mm gap between sheet junctions for expansion. If it is going to be a wet room, seal the gaps with silicone compatible with the waterproofing membrane you are going to be using over the top.

Reply to Overboard T&G floorboards with Hardi Backer Board or 12mm Ply? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen