Search the forum,

Discuss Opinions on this appalling "professional" tiling job? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Unbelievably bad...........and if you’ve got nothing in writing, then your going to have problems.

Rip out and start again is the ONLY way forward.
Nothing in writing from who? Problems for us in what way? I didn’t sign any contract with him and only have his quote which does not have any terms and conditions on.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Did you get any other quotes prior to giving this ‘tradesman’ the go ahead?

Was his quote just a text with a price?

B

Blunt Tool

It’s a pity you didn’t use that sharp tongue of yours that you use freely on here a lot earlier on the numpty that has put you in this situation. Remember all members on here give their advice and experience for free and as such are entitled to an opinion. I don’t believe for one second that a man as savvy and intelligent as yourself didn’t realise a lot earlier in the works that it was not acceptable and should have been stopped, don’t bring your frustrations onto the wrong people, use it on the person who has done this to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Waluigi

Maybe but the bloke clearly hasn’t read 90% of what I’ve written. It’s not particularly fun for me dealing with this situation.

I get that and can sympathise with what you’re going through, we are trying to help though, text can so easily be misconstrued. I genuinely don’t feel like Marvo was being nasty. Anyway, keep us posted.

T

Time's Ran Out

@Chopper1
Please keep your posts civil another post like that and it will be moderated!!
No one gets paid to give you advice.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Nothing in writing from who? Problems for us in what way? I didn’t sign any contract with him and only have his quote which does not have any terms and conditions on.

So he just gave a verbal quote, not a written one?

M

Marvo

Dude! Have actually read any of my posts? Give them another read.

I HAVE spoke to him, several times and for a final time over the phone to discuss exactly why we weren’t happy after sending all of the 70 pics above.

He definitely does not have to skill to put it right. So perhaps you could put on your sarcastic bellend pants and give me some more of your advice?
Geez, take a deep breath.

I read all your posts just fine, it was post number 31 in the thread where you stated he's an acquaintance which changed things somewhat in my opinion. That was the post I was basing my reply on hence I started it with 'If he's an acquaintance'.

Anyway, good luck.

Reaction score
To all, sorry! It’s a pretty stressful situation. But as I’ve stated, 80% of the worst offending work was all completed at the very end. He must have been leaving the most difficult parts, and we honestly thought that we could probably live with how it was looking by the end of the 2nd week, as at that point, he had not cut any of the edging tiles, or around the window. All the while he was assuring us that it would all be cleaned up and look good when finished.

I appreciate everyone’s advice. I was merely looking for opinions on the workmanship, as we just wanted to make sure we weren’t being “fussy” customers and our issues were justified.

PS. @callatiler Not sure I’ve been using a sharp tounge several times? It was just once. But hey ho. As I’ve said a few times now, I did call him out, a few times but (again, as above) he reassured us. It’s all very easy to on your side of the situation and just say “you should have stopped it” but it’s not a simple as that.

Reply to Opinions on this appalling "professional" tiling job? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen