Discuss Opinions on this appalling "professional" tiling job? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Oh dear, absolutely don't pay them oh god. I dread to think what that actual plumbing is like.

They made the decision to not want paying by doing work that isn't worth anything, nothing to do with you, if anything he owe's you money.

Reaction score
More updates...

Just found out he's used BAL Green Star and Blue Star adhesive with porcelain tiles that are 600x300mm sized. I've now read that this is a totally unsuitable adhesive for these tiles (apart from the tubs say "For ceramic/mosiacs/some natural stone" being a giveway).

Surely this is grounds in itself to ask him for a 100% discount?

S

Spare Tool

More updates...

Just found out he's used BAL Green Star and Blue Star adhesive with porcelain tiles that are 600x300mm sized. I've now read that this is a totally unsuitable adhesive for these tiles (apart from the tubs say "For ceramic/mosiacs/some natural stone" being a giveway).

Surely this is grounds in itself to ask him for a 100% discount?
Whole jobs wrong from start to finish, one conciliation, it should strip out easily..

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Feel for you bud a shocking install a real shame because correctly fitted it would of looked stunning a expensive lesson learned keep a close eye on your contractor only option is a full rip out and start again I am afraid. Kop

L

LM

Dude! Have actually read any of my posts? Give them another read.

I HAVE spoke to him, several times and for a final time over the phone to discuss exactly why we weren’t happy after sending all of the 70 pics above.

He definitely does not have to skill to put it right. So perhaps you could put on your sarcastic bellend pants and give me some more of your advice?
I’ve read this thread a few times and your attitude doesn't sit well with me. @Marvo bothered to comment to try and advise you and you come off with this!! A bit rich coming from someone needing help imo!

Reaction score
I’ve read this thread a few times and your attitude doesn't sit well with me. @Marvo bothered to comment to try and advise you and you come off with this!! A bit rich coming from someone needing help imo!
@LEE MAC I apologised twice, after I misunderstood his, what I thought was a, p#ss take comment. It’s been explained. As others have said, written words can be read very differently from how they were meant to be read. Surely you’ve had text messages misunderstood before? As I’ve already explained, it’s a stressful situation, and I came here for opinions on the quality of the work to make sure that we were being reasonable saying it was a crap job.

P

Perfect Tiling

I'm sorry to say it.....but if thats the state of his tiling and he's happy with it........I would never....ever...trust his plumbing. The awful tiling wont really damage your home but if the plumbing has issues you could lose everything.......don't want to scare you but would you trust his plumbing if he says this is a good job!!!??

Reaction score
I'm sorry to say it.....but if thats the state of his tiling and he's happy with it........I would never....ever...trust his plumbing. The awful tiling wont really damage your home but if the plumbing has issues you could lose everything.......don't want to scare you but would you trust his plumbing if he says this is a good job!!!??
Yeah absolutely agree. We’ve factored the cost of a (different) plumber to come in an check everything once it’s all been ripped back out, and added to all the costs we’re going to present to him.

Reaction score
It sounds like OP was looking for job done on the cheap , as they supplied materials got a friend to do it etc wonder if they even considered getting quotes

Reaction score
How are you progressing with this @Chopper1 ?
@Plan Tec Tiling I moved all contact with him over to email before xmas for the legal reasons, and requested a full itemised breakdown of the materials he had charged to me. I've not had a reply to that yet.

His mrs is replying for him over email and handling it now, but she emailed before xmas asking to have a meeting to come to a resolution. I've stated I know my legal rights, gave a couple of comments from tilers we've had in since to inspect and again asked for a materials breakdown but still no reply to that again. I just want to have it in writing what he *hasn't* used during the installation.

My wife had our baby on 28 Dec so that's obviously our focus for the moment but I'm refusing to do anything until I have that materials breakdown.

Reaction score
@Plan Tec Tiling I've also heard over xmas he's been down the pub and as the word has got around very quickly, he apparently admitted he knows he's done a terrible job and doesn't think we should be expected to pay for it.

Obviously I can't use that in any legal way but shows there could be some light at the end of the tunnel, in terms of dealing with him anyway.

Reply to Opinions on this appalling "professional" tiling job? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks