Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Opinions on this appalling "professional" tiling job? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

O

One Day

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I've been on this forum for over 10 years and it is the worst I've seen.
So it's a "winner" in that regard at least!

OP
C
Reaction score
@Chopper1 so you've got your opinions, what you going to do from here? ..have you paid yet?
No not paid anything yet.

Was thinking I’d get a couple of independent tilers in to assess, give a bit of write up and quote to at least repair the worst offending bits. Then hand it to him, and see what he says? Try and offer his total minus the average correction cost?

M

Marvo

Do you still have the consumer advice offices on the highstreet in the UK?
I feel for you, that work is just awful

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can you not put any units up against the worse bits, cover them up, a tall unit, nice grey to go with the tiles ?
On a serious note, utter crap,

Q

Qwerty

No not paid anything yet.

Was thinking I’d get a couple of independent tilers in to assess, give a bit of write up and quote to at least repair the worst offending bits. Then hand it to him, and see what he says? Try and offer his total minus the average correction cost?

Do not pay a penny. As @Marvo says, go to Citizens advice. I would be contacting your local trading standards officers too as to me this is also a rogue trader issue.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok so general consensus is I don’t pay anything.

I’ve had contact with him and he still believes he’s done a good job, although lays most blame on the tiles being “extremely difficult to work with”. That’s the tiles made from porcelain, not some magical pixy dust! Unbelievable!

I’ve also spoken to one of his friends who also said he genuinely believes he is good at what he does. Would’ve been nice to know that before but I cannot ask everyone I suppose. Sad. I’m actually feeling sorry for him for being that delusional.

Looks like I’ll be making a trip to the Citizens Advice bureau today then.

Last edited:

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Ok so general consensus is I don’t pay anything.

I’ve had contact with him and he still believes he’s done a good job, although lays most blame on the tiles being “extremely difficult to work with”. That’s the tiles made from porcelain, not some magical pixy dust! Unbelievable!

I’ve also spoken to one of his friends who also said he genuinely believes he is good at what he does. Would’ve been nice to know that before but I cannot ask everyone I suppose. Sad. I’m actually feeling sorry for him for being that delusional.

Looks like I’ll be making a trip to the Citizens Advice bureau today then.

Did he supply any materials?

If he has you will need to pay for anything he has supplied, and hold back any payment for the labour.

W

Waluigi

How did he manage to get so much work done?

Shame you didn’t flag it sooner and put a halt to his work.

Reply to Opinions on this appalling "professional" tiling job? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock