Search the forum,

Discuss new transit custom or vauxhall vivaro sportive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

been looking at the vauxhall sportive for few weeks and sorted the best deal out , but have just gone past a ford garage today and looked at the new ford custom trend 270swb 2.2 tcdi 125ps . and very impressed.
you dont get air con and it works out about £ 3600.00 more than sportive.
any one think this transit is better or worth the extra money.
i have a nissan primastar and transit of similar age 56 plate and have found the nissan much better and solid than transit 85 t 260.
this new transit does seem more solid build than the old transit.
ford wre syaing that they think it rivals the vw transporter. thats a pretty big statement

I

Ian

Lol Dave, you've put about 10 threads up in the last couple of months about how your van keeps breaking and has needed thousands spent on it! The Vauxhall is not without its issues after 80k but, it's the better van IMO.

G

Gazzer

Not sure if its too early to comment on the new transit custom, it certainly has taken a major change from the Transit. I understand its not a replacement though, ?
As for the Sportive..having just bought one I would be biased !

I

Ian

I'd have the sportive over any other van at the moment, mega value for the spec and reliability. Built in the UK as well so, supporting our economy.

J

jonnyc

Not sure if its too early to comment on the new transit custom, it certainly has taken a major change from the Transit. I understand its not a replacement though, ?
As for the Sportive..having just bought one I would be biased !
do you like it .
it is very good value at £ 11990.00 i think.
i have to say my primastar which is same as vivaro was faultless till it went over 100k mniles and have since had some costly electrical /ignition faults.

G

Gazzer

Certainly great value and very nice. Just had the plumber I work with look over mine and he likes it, said the driving seat felt better and it was a nice smooth ride. At the moment he has a 2 year old transit which he loves but was going to change to the custom. The dealers though wont give him a very good deal on a part exchange so he said he may look into another make.

G

Gazzer

do you like it .
it is very good value at £ 11990.00 i think.
i have to say my primastar which is same as vivaro was faultless till it went over 100k mniles and have since had some costly electrical /ignition faults.

I do like it, I got it for £11,800 which is a big factor in why i bought it. I actually dont like the standard Transit, and I have have had a few and driven many.
I think any vehicle can have issues, I am told that the new 2 litre engine is a lot different to the old 1.9 which seems to be the one that had some issues.
At the end of the day you pay your money and take your chances.

D

DHTiling

The new transit custom is by far the better van.. the sportive is a very old shape and need updating badly.. the new transit custom is miles ahead on technology and the Trend is the model to go for..

I

Ian

I do like the styling and tech on the new transit but, it still seems quite expensive, maybe because its brand new, maybe in a few months the prices might be a bit more competitive.

B

Bubblecraft

Transit custom for me. By far the best looking & constructed panel van out there.

Transporters are for hippies & cash n carries lol

I

Ian

You can get a custom from around £14,000 , how cheap do you want it :lol:

Less, less, less! I love fords, and this new transit is the first one I've ever liked the look of. I may get one when the time comes to change the van, that's not for a couple of years yet though.

D

DHTiling

I would have one NOW!! but she who is to obeyed would kill me :lol: , my tranny is only 11 months old..

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'd go for the vivaro. Having said that a builder a do a lot of work for picks up his brand new transit on Monday so I might change my mind when I've seen it!!

Reply to new transit custom or vauxhall vivaro sportive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen