Search the forum,

Discuss new transit custom or vauxhall vivaro sportive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

been looking at the vauxhall sportive for few weeks and sorted the best deal out , but have just gone past a ford garage today and looked at the new ford custom trend 270swb 2.2 tcdi 125ps . and very impressed.
you dont get air con and it works out about £ 3600.00 more than sportive.
any one think this transit is better or worth the extra money.
i have a nissan primastar and transit of similar age 56 plate and have found the nissan much better and solid than transit 85 t 260.
this new transit does seem more solid build than the old transit.
ford wre syaing that they think it rivals the vw transporter. thats a pretty big statement

G

Gazzer

Lets face it we all have different ideas of what looks good and what we want out of a van. Some people have to know that they can get a 8x4 sheet of board in....for me why? I havent needed that in the last 9 years or more.
And add to the fact its always been a case that in general you are a Ford or Vauxhall man. Its the same in Australia, you are either Ford or Holden and they would fight over it.
It would be a boring world if we all thought the same :thumbsup:

R

rainsco

i have a vw transporter and now i´m buying a multivan for family. i watched the new ford transit custom but it is just a alternative for the transporter but not for the multivan. in 2014 i will buy a new working car and i´m thinking new about it but i´m too happy with my transporter we have driven in the last 5 years for work and for family because its so a perfekt economical and comfortable car.

the advantage of the fords, opels and french transporters is the price when you buy it but the advantage of the vw is the price that you get when you sell it and if you have a problem with the engine here in germany you get very easy a new one and my old citroen jumpy (game over at 150000km) was not worth to repair. 5 years old and i get only 1500 euro for it.

J

jonnyc

i think i have decided on sportive. part of me fancies the idea of new look transit but the sportive still looks good today and at the end of the day it is only a works van.
if i used for private use might be different.
the other consideration is that my vans get shared between employees and they do get knocked about.
I always buy new and keep after rental term and if i get 8 years from new thats a good result.
I agree that resale value on volkwagen is much better but only if vans looking tidy inside.
I drive a ford ranger thunder for work and it is handy to get four people to work if needs be.
but thats another debate about pick ups.
its got the turning circle of jumbo jet which is really handy in london!!
wont be buying one of those again.
thanks for all the advice and comments.
1978 vw combi that i kitted out myself with bed/ cooker etcc was my favourite van of all.

B

Bubblecraft

Some people have to know that they can get a 8x4 sheet of board in....for me why? I havent needed that in the last 9 years or more.

I pick up 8' x 4' sheets of PB, ply, OSB, MDF, 8' x 2' chipboard & 3m & 4m worktops on a weekly bases.

I mind trying to fit 8' x 4's in my old SWB Mk 5. Can't fit much else in once loaded up with a few sheets

D

dave l and l

i had 20 sheets of osb in mine recently and it fitted no bother. i find it drives like a car and the mpg on long journeys are great and its very reliable . however a few bad points are on smaller journeys wee jobs around it can be thirsty , but to can most vans. the other thing is if it does break it doesnt ever seem to be a cheap fix, the ford is defo cheaper in general to fix but maybe not as reliable.

Reply to new transit custom or vauxhall vivaro sportive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays