Search the forum,

Discuss new transit custom or vauxhall vivaro sportive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

been looking at the vauxhall sportive for few weeks and sorted the best deal out , but have just gone past a ford garage today and looked at the new ford custom trend 270swb 2.2 tcdi 125ps . and very impressed.
you dont get air con and it works out about £ 3600.00 more than sportive.
any one think this transit is better or worth the extra money.
i have a nissan primastar and transit of similar age 56 plate and have found the nissan much better and solid than transit 85 t 260.
this new transit does seem more solid build than the old transit.
ford wre syaing that they think it rivals the vw transporter. thats a pretty big statement

J

jonnyc

Not sure if its too early to comment on the new transit custom, it certainly has taken a major change from the Transit. I understand its not a replacement though, ?
As for the Sportive..having just bought one I would be biased !
do you like it .
it is very good value at £ 11990.00 i think.
i have to say my primastar which is same as vivaro was faultless till it went over 100k mniles and have since had some costly electrical /ignition faults.

G

Gazzer

Certainly great value and very nice. Just had the plumber I work with look over mine and he likes it, said the driving seat felt better and it was a nice smooth ride. At the moment he has a 2 year old transit which he loves but was going to change to the custom. The dealers though wont give him a very good deal on a part exchange so he said he may look into another make.

G

Gazzer

do you like it .
it is very good value at £ 11990.00 i think.
i have to say my primastar which is same as vivaro was faultless till it went over 100k mniles and have since had some costly electrical /ignition faults.

I do like it, I got it for £11,800 which is a big factor in why i bought it. I actually dont like the standard Transit, and I have have had a few and driven many.
I think any vehicle can have issues, I am told that the new 2 litre engine is a lot different to the old 1.9 which seems to be the one that had some issues.
At the end of the day you pay your money and take your chances.

D

DHTiling

Take you pick...

I know which one is the most sexual :)::)

vauxhall-vivaro-swb-diesel-2-0cdti-115ps-sportive-van-2-7t-euro-5-5594659-1.jpg

69989for-The+all-new+Ford+Transit+Custom+Sport+Van.jpg

S

Spud

they look very similar to me and the vivaro is alot cheaper and better equipped so vivaro all day long we need to be backing Britain and keeping jobs in the uk ,the transit is made abroad and ford are reducing the size of their plant in Dagenham and laying people off so its a no brainer for me the ford would have to be cheaper than the vivaro and better equipped to even tempt me to buy one they also look quite small to me and look like they only have 2 seats in the front I may be wrong through

D

DHTiling

I have been and seen one at face value Gary , they are longer than than sportive etc in a SWB base and not sure what you lot are reading but the Custom is a LOT more equipped than the sportive in a like for like model .. you cannot look at a basic custom against a sportive model ,, look at like for like and see you get tons more.. even heated seats etc..

But if you want a van that has never had a face lift in years then get the cheaper van, it makes sense :lol: but if you want state of the art technology and yes more money then get the custom .. i work hard for my money and reward myself with goodies. :) not make do's ..

J

jonnyc

Dave. It makes no difference to me if sportive looks same as for many years before, but Ithas been modified within.even up to last year if looks are what you want then sportive was still a player. I have just had a very bad experience with a private car for my wife where the engine on our audi a3 turbo sport had to be changed after only 31k miles just out of warranty and it cost 8k.
this is Audi which is meant to mean quality so I am losing faith .if I really thought the transit would last longer I would gomfor it, but ithink sportive is a sound bet for the value

D

DHTiling

That's still 3.2 k more than sportive and the sportive has a/c and other extras

The Custom trend i looked at had A/C and heated seats etc etc etc... but Jonny , you buy what ever van suits you ... i was just pointing out that there is simply no way the sportive is spec'd better than the newer custom transit , it is over my 2012 ford transit trend i have but deffo not more than the new custom model.. but new models when they come out always cost higher and then they come down...

I got my Trend for £12,800 and that was a good price at the time..

Reply to new transit custom or vauxhall vivaro sportive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays