Search the forum,

Discuss New Forum Version - Discussion and Feedback Thread in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We've finally upgraded tilersforums.com to the latest forum software version. Leagues ahead of all other forum types and with lots of extra features, of which I'll add to the forum at a later date, once we've all gotten used to the change.

Unlike with the sparky forum (sorry lads) I have managed to keep all the thanked statistics. So nothing has been lost there.

I'll be re-styling it, adding sponsors, and adding a few of the features we had before during the next few hours so please hang in there. :)

I hope you all enjoy the new forum which should be even quicker than the last, and even easier to use (for those that are newer to the forum).

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The night node is hurting my eyes. Maybe I should draw the curtains or just wait until it's night before I switch over to it again. I like what I see so far. Will just take a few hours to get used to where all the icons and buttons have moved to. There seems to be a lot of wasted space at the top of the page (next to the logo). I'm sure the old site had more info, but maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me. The old site colours & design are now fading away!!
Well done to the team on the migration, I bet you will be celebrating the success of the project. Cheers Sean

Hey Sean. Thanks for the feedback.

It's only me involved in the forum upgrades so it's been pretty intense I have to say! I made sure I upgraded all the other forums first so I when I got to TF I was quick at doing it.

As for the wasted space, you're right there, we used to have sponsors logos and what-not. I'll be adding those back to that space soon enough.

I just need to get my head around sorting the dodgy logo out first though haha

U

user123

It's OK! :thumbsup:, a bit different, fresh, not second nature yet of course but found the smileys, really like the blue and orange, Dachsies smileys work, too, but the writing seems really really small, I know I can change my writing style, or the view within my pc but is there a way to make all the writing a size or two bigger? That would be fab.. Well done, Dan :thumbsup:

oh the nightmode... nope, no good for me either, but I like this blue one... but the red one...JEEZ!!!! :yikes:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

david campbell

i'm freaked out!!!!!!!!!!!
a few of the rangers fans will like the new colours though...........lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's OK! :thumbsup:, a bit different, fresh, not second nature yet of course but found the smileys, really like the blue and orange, Dachsies smileys work, too, but the writing seems really really small, I know I can change my writing style, or the view within my pc but is there a way to make all the writing a size or two bigger? That would be fab.. Well done, Dan :thumbsup:

oh the nightmode... nope, no good for me either, but I like this blue one... but the red one...JEEZ!!!! :yikes:

I'll work on the nightmode one. All styles are work in progress for the moment.

As for the font-size. Which font G? The main content font or the rest?

The font size for the main content area is the same as the old forum, though the username and usertitles and things not related to the actual thread content is a size smaller. And the reason for that is to ensure when unregistered readers (though members too) are browsing the forum, they can clearly see what the actual thread content is.

P

Perry

will let youy know as i hadent masterd the old site let alone this lol what about the oldees Dan ?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
i'm freaked out!!!!!!!!!!!
a few of the rangers fans will like the new colours though...........lol

You can change the style colours mate. There are a few done already but I'm yet to make more (suggestions please?).

You change the style by scrolling to the bottom of the forum and using the drop down box on the left hand side. :) :thumbsup:

Reply to New Forum Version - Discussion and Feedback Thread in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen