Discuss Levelling systems & when to use them in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Waluigi

........apart from mosaics :D

I’m sure we had the conversation about back buttering. What about the 120 x 60 tiles you installed?

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
........apart from mosaics :D

I’m sure we had the conversation about back buttering. What about the 120 x 60 tiles you installed?
02173EF3-32D4-48DA-A1C4-541F780D384E.jpeg

L

LM

James no matter what tile you’re fitting you should be constantly checking coverage to ensure it’s good. Don’t be afraid to use larger notches to achieve this. If the tile and the background mean you need a 12mm notch then so be it and get into the habit of back buttering all tiles it’ll become second nature to you and you’ll become so quick at it that it won’t take any real time out of your day.
Bin those clips and get yourself some of the many variation of flat based clips that are out there.

L

LM

Also do yourself a favour and work with quality adhesives that have good open time and notch’s collapse easy on. They’ll work out cheaper in the long run with no failures.

W

Waluigi

Yes deffo pull a tile off from time to time, you’re aiming to see lots of peaks of adhesive and no substrate showing. I’m sure some people have a pic of what it should look like. Why on Earth they didn’t teach you this is beyond me.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Also do yourself a favour and work with quality adhesives that have good open time and notch’s collapse easy on. They’ll work out cheaper in the long run with no failures.
Yeah I’m using the flat Tile Rite ones, it was just that 1 wall in the room I used them on.

Is Weber not a decent brand then, I was told it was the best of the bunch??? Yeah I hear you loud and clear on the notch sizes.. I def think I should have used a bigger trowel :(

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yes deffo pull a tile off from time to time, you’re aiming to see lots of peaks of adhesive and no substrate showing. I’m sure some people have a pic of what it should look like. Why on Earth they didn’t teach you this is beyond me.
Maybe this is a stupid question but I’ll ask anyway... so when I do a random check on a tile, do I scrape the addy off the tile and wall and re-trowel it? Or just stick the tile back on?

Reply to Levelling systems & when to use them in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks