Currently reading:
How best to Tile a room?

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mikey B

Just seen the pictures of the completed job. Well done MP3, it looks good. Be proud of your self for what you've done as a novice. obviously all the professional tilers on here won't be able to help noticing the setting out, especially on the bathroom walls. Starting a full tile off the wall isn't everybody's cup of cup, it is a no no for me, as it results in my opinion, an unsightly cut down the opposite wall. I won't go into 'should have, could have, would have' because I don't want to detract from what is essentially a job well done.

M

mp3wizard

Thanks, there is still a lot of work going on so the tiles are dirty and I'm not able to truly appreciate what I've done but hopefully soon I will.

Yep there's no denying that some of the cuts weren't the done thing, but to be honest after spending so long on the floor I just wanted to get it done ASAP without using more tiles on the dreaded wet cutter.

It's been nice to get some positive feedback from people that have helped me along the way, I did hope to get some from some of the negative posters (I say negative as in get a tiler posts) but with the exception of timeless jon I haven't had any, I won't hold my breath!

Cheers

average

TF
Uk
Must say, against all the odds, you've done a really good job!
Well done indeed!
The only thing that spoils it for me is the cheat on the right hand side of the window. Run a grinder blade down those two tiles and create a false joint and grout them. It will make a huge difference.
But you've done incredibly well. :) :thumbsup:

Just noticed that after you mentioned it. It catches my eye now and id also do something with it, either use the grinder or put new tiles in.

M

mp3wizard

Thanks guys,

Well I did try beading it at the time but the surface of the plasterboard wasn't even, I tried my best to even it with adhesive/tiles but still not perfect so when I put beading in it wouldn't sit flush on the tile.

Well I'm actually going to have a door fitted tomorrow, I've released the raised floor height has caused an issue, so the carpenter is planning to trim down and backfill the door hopefully. The door should open out as the bathroom is tiny.

I'll take your comments on board with the joint, will look at it soon.

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement