Search the forum,

Discuss How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mp3wizard

image.jpg
Yeah there were a lot of lose wires around my 2nd pour, I glided over with the spiked roller but I didn't feel comfortable putting force to roll as I think the wires would of came up.

So I need to check the top level only on the level, I'm a bit confused on what method I'm using to spread it, am I pouring a thick layer by the bifolds then scrapping along the floor, or gliding it? Won't it leave a juddering effect on the finish?

Or should I just pour the entire area then glide over it afterwards? Until now I've not been stepping on the compound once, so by getting on hands and knees to scrap it's a big change.

S

Spare Tool

Survey the whole floor first with your longest level, get right down and look under it for dips, mark the dips with a permanent marker, pour some leveler in and drag your level over it...like this

WP_20170106_12_40_01_Pro.jpg

M

mp3wizard

I just watched this one, I guess the only question I have left is am I just using the slc on the crap bits or throughout the entire area?

M

mp3wizard

I've enquired with a company to finish off the screeding, I'd be providing the SLC, what would be a competitive price in your opinion?

R

rufus the tiler

Tiling is not rocket science I know but the more experience the better the job generally...so with no experience and with a job as per drawing.....I think (especially as it looks like you have spending a few quid) to risk messing with the finishing Ie tiling....you would be unwise......wall tiling maybe...but floors are a bit harder to get looking right

Reply to How best to Tile a room? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen