Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Help! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

White Room

So why put plaster on if it is to be tiled?........... I wish more builders would just use render - half our problems with adhesive would stop straight away!

We used to just render on commercial sites in shower areas for the underground guys....

J

julie bw

Another point - in the original post you mention that the wall was only skimmed - is that correct as the clinker/building block should ideally have an undercoat on - that being a plaster coat or a sand and cement render before the finish coat. Please clarify because if it is just a finish coat the moisture absorption may be too high for any other coatings.
If the tiler would have said the tiles won't go on that wall or they need this and that doing I'd have gone with it so the job is done correctly even if it is a bit more expensive.with regards to that wall it is clinker block which had been mortared the skimmed as far as I can remember.

J

julie bw

If the tiler would have said the tiles won't go on that wall or they need this and that doing I'd have gone with it so the job is done correctly even if it is a bit more expensive.with regards to that wall it is clinker block which had been mortared the skimmed as far as I can remember.
The wall has never been tiled previously.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Reply to Help! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks