Search the forum,

Discuss Hardie Backer Or Standard Green Moisture Board? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi All
looking at a bathroom today, all the walls need boarding which would either be fixed to joists or to brickwork, the customers looking at a tile size of 600x300mm, hasn't choose the tile, just the size!!! so could be porcelain.
Bath suite is out so no chew with boarding.

Green Moisture Board or Hardie backer for this size tile due to weight?
Hardie backer Fixing to brick, is it grip adhesive and screws into plug or is there another way.

Any well priced suppliers out there for hardie backer and what size does it come in.

Thanks
D

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Plasterboard , just standard then tank, or use moisture if you want , stuck with drywall addy

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
On with a similar job right now.
Re boarded with green plasterboard then tanked with ardex.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this, much appreciated, i've got the job before even pricing! Must be my charm or they like the plastering I've been doing. Lol. Thanks to all for the advice. D

Reply to Hardie Backer Or Standard Green Moisture Board? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen