Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Grout Drying in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

Unused Account 1

even the mapei grout is drying super quick ,crazy ,have to start being careful

T

Tile Shop

If you're talking about UCP, I thought that stuff set on impact, regardless of temp?

O

On one

Today......Mid Grey Grout 3000........ a 4m2 bathroom floor of 330x330's 2mm joint on a concrete floor.....couldn't get it to set quick enough,even with a fan heater blowing??????

F

Flintstone

I've been using rapid setaflex and I couldn't keep up, was going off in the bucket after 15 min.

O

On one

Strange, I was using rapid setaflex to lay the tiles as well and it was a full 3hrs before the adhesive was set??

F

Flintstone

It was stiffening up to the point it was becoming unusable for me! And I was mixing it very thin. Strange.

H

hmtiling

I used Granfix maxi grout for the first time today and was quite impressed. It didn't turn too quickly and held up nicely in the joints with porc. Also easy enough to wash off.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I used Granfix maxi grout for the first time today and was quite impressed. It didn't turn too quickly and held up nicely in the joints with porc. Also easy enough to wash off.
Not my first choice of grout, don't find it the most user friendly but I do find it an excellent grout. Been back to jobs where I've used Maxi and both the limestone and the white have kept their colour well.

H

hmtiling

Not my first choice of grout, don't find it the most user friendly but I do find it an excellent grout. Been back to jobs where I've used Maxi and both the limestone and the white have kept their colour well.
I got on with it pretty well. Didn't mix too much up in this heat but grouted about 18m2 in one hit on walls. Plenty of time to clean tools and bucket before washing off.
I imagine it would be another story with ceramics though, especially today.

Reply to Grout Drying in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks