Search the forum,

Discuss Grout Drying in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unused Account 1

even the mapei grout is drying super quick ,crazy ,have to start being careful

T

Tile Shop

If you're talking about UCP, I thought that stuff set on impact, regardless of temp?

O

On one

Today......Mid Grey Grout 3000........ a 4m2 bathroom floor of 330x330's 2mm joint on a concrete floor.....couldn't get it to set quick enough,even with a fan heater blowing??????

F

Flintstone

I've been using rapid setaflex and I couldn't keep up, was going off in the bucket after 15 min.

O

On one

Strange, I was using rapid setaflex to lay the tiles as well and it was a full 3hrs before the adhesive was set??

F

Flintstone

It was stiffening up to the point it was becoming unusable for me! And I was mixing it very thin. Strange.

H

hmtiling

I used Granfix maxi grout for the first time today and was quite impressed. It didn't turn too quickly and held up nicely in the joints with porc. Also easy enough to wash off.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I used Granfix maxi grout for the first time today and was quite impressed. It didn't turn too quickly and held up nicely in the joints with porc. Also easy enough to wash off.
Not my first choice of grout, don't find it the most user friendly but I do find it an excellent grout. Been back to jobs where I've used Maxi and both the limestone and the white have kept their colour well.

Reply to Grout Drying in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen