Search the forum,

Discuss Grout cracking in shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

uncleg

Hi,

Following another post, which you guys have helped me with, I also have an issue with some of the tiles in my shower.

As it is used a lot, some cracks have appeared in the grout on say two tiles, which my tiler will prob re grout when he comes tomorrow....

Will I always have this issue, shall I use Aquamix sealant on the grout in the shower to help? I am just concerned more cracks will appear over time and maybe if water gets in, the tiles will fall off, bit extreme but you never know...:thumbsdown:

I am sure none of this tanking I hear of was considered at the time.....

Thanks

G

Gazzer

What tiles do you have in the shower ?
What ever he does he most remove the grout 1st, not just grout over.

U

uncleg

Thanks,

They are Porcelain grey with a matt finish, the grout is grey as well.

The ensuite, which touch wood is okay for now.... they are ceramic with a gloss finish.

U

uncleg

I will have to ask on the substrate....

The shower is a walk in shower in the corner on the bathroom, so the corner does have a silicone seal.....

Reply to Grout cracking in shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Having recently found lots of water dripping down under my bath I managed to locate the...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen