Search the forum,

Discuss good diamond blades in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

Can't fault them, have just ordered a new 300mm blade from them.
Allan is sending me a couple to test in my track saw for cutting mistral board ( like corian)
going to try them on tiles too

We developed a couple of blades in conjunction with Bushboard for their M Stone Quartz and Max-Top and both companies customers.

These are modified stone and porcelain blades to fit plunge saws with a 20mm centre bore.

We know these cut quartz dry with carpentry tools as we've already sold over 1000 units with no issues.

We keep being asked if these will cut solid surface, the answer is I don't know. I have a feeling there's too high a resin content in solid surface for diamond blades to be efficient but there's nothing like running a test to find out.

So I'm interested to see what Paul comes up with.

Reaction score
How do the ATS m14 dry corers fair on porcelain, for example how many holes and should you still sponge them?
Got a load off diatech last year and the diamond separated after only a handful of holes on them all.

S

Stef

Dry cores tested on grade 5 porcs.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416260846.595304.jpg

Got 32 holes in the 12mm dry core, one hole after the other, no stopping & still life left in it.

Reaction score
Just received from ATS

2 x 18mm, 2 x 35mm M14 dry corers

4 x 6mm waxed drill bits

And a porcelain turbo blade 115mm

The blade is awesome, straight cut and no chipping on the window checks.

18mm for fast fix shower fittings to go round 15mm copper, well impressed.

And the 35mm for radiator, hot/cold supply pipes and basin waste, finished off with a chrome plastic collar, all holes quick and clean through Hillock 600 x 300 porcelain from CTD.

Will report on the drilling tomorrow with the 6mm.

Would of rather had the 6mm M14 but mixed reports on longevity.

Q

Qwerty

I'm not at all surprised you are impressed. Don't forget to share some pics if you get a chance [emoji106]

Reply to good diamond blades in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen