Search the forum,

Discuss good diamond blades in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I hope this is not too much of an advert for the supplier but I must say I am very impressed with the quailty and longevity of my diamond blades , they are really decent and cut well with no chipping and I think Alan and his guys at ATS deserve a pat on the back for it , I run these porcelain blades on all my grinders and so do the guys that work for me and to date we havent had a single problem with them

Attachments

• IMG_20141114_133156 (1024x768).jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 226
Thanks for that although I ordered 4 and still have one unused, I'll be finishing off the bathroom tomo, accessories, silicone, new door etc. so will let you know how that turns out. Just wish I had the correct information first time round!
That aside, I really would prefer the m14 bits, can you not recommend any size be it, 6/7/8mm that will get me through and I will source suitable plugs/screws?

C

Concrete guy

Ahh, good you still have some. Then use them at speed 1 or 2 and with less pressure and you should find them run fine.

We can send you a couple of M14 at 6mm or 8mm or one of each if you wish to try them, again don't lean on them, run them in a grinder and let the speed and diamonds do the work.

If anyone else reading this thread has had similar issues with the wax filled bits can you let us know please.

C

Concrete guy

I tried to order the m14 bits and was advised against!! So when I called to find out why I then enquired as what to do with the waxed bits and was told to drill fast

I had a chat with my my business partner this morning and he did indeed give you duff advice on the wax filled bits. Sorry about that.

We'll get some replacements off to you today along with a couple of M14 bits for you to try.

M14 bits = as fast as you can, little pressure.

Wax filled = Nice and slow - speed 1 on drill driver ideally with light pressure.

Well I do wish I could say it was better, but unforntunately not.

My final bit used in my other dewalt battery gun (not as powerful as the XRP and on 1st speed setting with little to no pressure) went only half way after again about 3 minutes and seemed to go no farther. I gave up after this and went back to the wet kit.

I really want these things to work and have no idea what Im doing wrong, I wonder if anyone else could give feedback or tips on these bits, or even post a video?

I am a tiler to trade of 20 years - plumbing and fitting bathrooms for 10, so I can understand that most fixers have little use for 6mm but it certainly is a thorn in my arse as Ive tried so many different ideas and still failed to come up with a difinitive solution!

C

Concrete guy

Well I do wish I could say it was better, but unforntunately not.

My final bit used in my other dewalt battery gun (not as powerful as the XRP and on 1st speed setting with little to no pressure) went only half way after again about 3 minutes and seemed to go no farther. I gave up after this and went back to the wet kit.

I really want these things to work and have no idea what Im doing wrong, I wonder if anyone else could give feedback or tips on these bits, or even post a video?

I am a tiler to trade of 20 years - plumbing and fitting bathrooms for 10, so I can understand that most fixers have little use for 6mm but it certainly is a thorn in my arse as Ive tried so many different ideas and still failed to come up with a difinitive solution!

This is interesting as we have one other customer that has the same issue with these bits (and also any other manufacturers bits he tries).

We've sold around 200 so far without issue, but we get the odd customer that doesn't get on with them and we can't figure out why.

I'd be interested if anyone else can shed any light on this particularly any of the guys that tested these bits for us. This certainly isn't a "batch issue" as these drills are all the same batch as the ones tested by guys on here.

Any chance you could run this in another porcelain tile if you have one to hand? If you get the same/different results then that would at least highlight a possible issue in drilling specific products.

We occasionally get a similar issue with the con rim blade which we sell in large volume, then all of a sudden we get a specific type or make of porcelain tile that just kills them and we have no idea why.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
I've just done two bathrooms in One house. Both porcelain, but different makes. Used your 7mm bits on one on number 1 speed in the first bathroom, probably 15 holes.
on the next bathroom the tiles were villeroy and boch bernina. Used a brand new bit as the first holes were at a height for the shower door. After 3 holes it was struggling. I went back to using irwin cordless 4mm bits and these only did 2/3 holes ( was spraying with water too!)

i think there are harder tiles than grade 5?
http://www.villeroy-boch.co.uk/prod...uct2[action]=detail&vb_product2[backpid]=2715

Last edited:
C

Concrete guy

I've just done two bathrooms in One house. Both porcelain, but different makes. Used your 7mm bits on one on number 1 speed in the first bathroom, probably 15 holes.
on the next bathroom the tiles were villeroy and boch bernina. Used a brand new bit as the first holes were at a height for the shower door. After 3 holes it was struggling. I went back to using irwin cordless 4mm bits and these only did 2/3 holes ( was spraying with water too!)

i think there are harder tiles than grade 5?
http://www.villeroy-boch.co.uk/prod...uct2[action]=detail&vb_product2[backpid]=2715

Thanks Paul.

So this is looking like it's product dependent?

Any idea what grade the first porcelain tile was?

C

Concrete guy

When I tested those bits the tile was a grade 5 from Porcelanosa, & the photo doesn't lie as you can see the amount of holes the bits done.
The 12mm was one hole straight after the other without stopping & I don't think you are going to give it the same amount of abuse in day to day life.

What we seem to be finding is a small percentage of grade 5+ porcelains are so dense that there isn't a dry drilling option at all. It seems not all Grade 5's are the same, which doesn't help.

Reply to good diamond blades in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays