Search the forum,

Discuss Fibre slc thickness on wet ufh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Midlandceramics

Well ! This is a fairly new system a retro-fit , over floor fitted system designed to go over your existing sub floor .its a comp board with alliminum outer with poly pipe in a grove I've got to ignore the manafactures spec on laying over this and try and treat it like a any ufh instalation. The company hasn't got a clue on tiling on top of this ! I've come to the conclusion of fixing the boards down with mega strength and screwed to concrete then prima grip bond it ! With a fibre slc and ditra mat on top !! But Carnt really find out what depth the slc should be on this application. Just to make this job even more probmatic ! I've got 44m2 of trav on top ! But it is premium ! Wouldn't use any thing else

M

Midlandceramics

Sorry should of been more clear ! Wrote it better underneath as a reply

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Have fitted various types of overlay underfloor and have found the best surface is fermacell. It's a 25mm thick cement type board which glues together with a lap joint on each board. It just lays on top of the overlay and you can put any type of surface on it. Not cheap but all the other layers you are thinking of aren't cheap either.

D

Dougs Third Go

if it's a retro fit water bourne ufh, could you not just do the same as a leccy ufh mat? ie smother in a suitable levelling compound?

Reply to Fibre slc thickness on wet ufh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen