Currently reading:
Fibre slc thickness on wet ufh

Search the forum,

Discuss Fibre slc thickness on wet ufh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Midlandceramics

Looks like the video recommends cement board like I posted earlier.

thog looking at th above picture. Self levelling along with a good primer will cut the depth down by 20mm
I'd take no notice of there instalation methods mate !! They haven't got a clue . I was using the video to show the product !! I've spoke to there tech 3 times and there rep and all don't know what there on about !

I

Ian

No probs ! this is the way I was going to do it after ignoring there spec ! So yeh was just after the mm of slc but 5-10 mm looks ok !! Relief to find someone who has laid trav on this system ! And on this way ! Wonda floor are far more informative and have got there spec bang on !! Speed fit needs to sort there stall out !!

I had a lengthy chat with one of their tech team before I started the job,they are very clued up on the products that need to be used and, to be fair, the floor is rock solid as a result of using the recommended products. They knew all about ditra and S1/S2 adhesives so, had obviously tried and tested their product.

M

Mr Tiler

Ash, cement boards must be glued & screwed to the substrate,
How will he achieve this with ufh?

moment of madness mate lol. was thinking with the slc down fixing the boards down through the insulation to the substrate would provide a suitable tiling surface... but thinking about it if the slc has nothing to cling to it is not very effective at all is it.

M

Mr Tiler

Ditra then travertine

yjuja9y8.jpg

Annoyingly, I don't have a pic of the finished floor! I was there again today and the floor is in perfect condition still, it's only been down a couple of months but, good signs.

what is that perimeter in the room by the levels bri? and did you have to slc the corners again on top of the ditra?

I

Ian

did you install the drain mate? its not there before the ufh went down was it? cant see properly tho and whats the addy in the corners was it levled again once ditra went down in those corners?

I didn't install the drain. It was there first, UFH fitted around it. The ditra was SLC'd before tiling I think the bits in the picture are leftover adhesive from sticking the mat down. Every process had to be very accurate so that the tiles ended up flush with the drains and the falls into them worked.

I

Ian

now this is in my head so I don't know how well this is going to go... but did you do half way through the room with slc over the ufh and once that set done the other side and carried on using that type of method in order to create a fall?

I can't reveal my secrets, I'd have to kill you :) It's really hard to explain, I do create the falls with the SLC, but do it all in one hit using packers to get the falls in. The packers are put in first.

Reply to Fibre slc thickness on wet ufh in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement