Search the forum,

Discuss dunlop flexible rapid set failures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

P'boro tiler

im sure its an adhesive failure. take a step back and think about it. youve never had a failure. if you did do something wrong (like poor fixing technique) then it would of only affected a few tiles! im sure its not your fault!
also, i tiled a 16m2 floor with grey dunlop set fast flexi and had to replace one tile due to not noticing a scratch. when i removed it i found it hadnt bonded to the tile well and crumbled off. i mixed it up plenty wet enough and had 100% coverage (till it crumbled off). ive never had this problem before and thank god i learnt the stuffs poor quality on a small job!!!
i pretty much only use mapei stuff now

Reaction score
Not telling you how to suck eggs here...but did you leave perimeter joints and expansion joints within the project...?

Also what depth of bed did you apply....?
yes dave i did ...the tiles where fixed to a 12mm bed.....incidently i have since been back to project to change some tiles before client moved in ..and tiles i replaced with different adhesives are sound as a pound

S

Sully

You rang BAL and 'they deny any knowledge of problems'. I would have thought as a matter of course they would at least test a sample or send out one of their technicians on site? Did you not request this?

As for the underfloor heating / screed substrate. I'd be taking a closer look at these elements too. I think you need an on site visit and should insist on one.

As for the other failure mentioned - tile on tile. I'd personally only use a two part on the rare occassion that I'd be comfortable doing tile on tile. Any SPF is a risk in this situation - my opinion anyway.

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perry

yes dave i did ...the tiles where fixed to a 12mm bed.....incidently i have since been back to project to change some tiles before client moved in ..and tiles i replaced with different adhesives are sound as a pound
was that a 12mm trowel or a 12mm bed ?

B

Branty

hi fellow tilers i just want to know if any other tilers have had failures while using dunlop single part flexible rapid set (white)...i have been tiling for 23 yrs and have had a big failure on a job while using this....anyone else had any oproblems...cheers for reading...look forward to some feedback
Hi
I'm a product support technician from BAL.
Give me a bell, and I'll arrange to pay a visit, and get some of the adhesive tested.
I take it the job is in the south east.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cornish_crofter

Hi
I'm a product support technician from BAL.
Give me a bell, and I'll arrange to pay a visit, and get some of the adhesive tested.
I take it the job is in the south east.

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Now THAT's what a good forum's about.

I would really like to hear the outcome of this.:yes::yes:

M

mart1

I'll bet you a pound now it's the underfloor heating ( and i do mean certain criteria wasn't followed ). this is a age old problem that will continue to happen and there is nothing that anyone can do to prove otherwise. only option is to lay blame with the fixing or adhesive because there aint owt else. It certainly is not a fixing problem and that is common sense to anyone surely.

Reply to dunlop flexible rapid set failures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen