Search the forum,

Discuss Dot & Dab travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

spanky

Please don't argue, all I want is a bathroom, it's been 3 weeks.

All constructive critisism is willfully accepted, good or bad from my point of view.

I potentially stand to lose a fair amount of money if I go about this the wrong way, and like I said all I want is a bathroom that is done correctly, I am willing to pay what I consider to be the right money for the right job if you know what I mean.

S

spanky

Well, it's stone not porcelain which is all I've ever worked with in my 5 or 6 tiling experiences, and I'm not a tiler is all I can say to that, I didn't give it a thought, the Tile cutter I did though, I fix TV's, it like me buying a £4.99 multimeter?, I only use Fluke.

It was a "De Walt" angle grinder though. . . . . . .

L

LM Ceramics

unless its just me the correct way to fix tiles is the spread the adhesive on wall with a suitable notched trowel to gain 100% coverage.

since when has dot and dabbing tiles been acceptable in my 4 years as a tiler ive never been told d&b is ok

T

The D

There is nothing wrong with dabbing the wall tiles so long as its a cement based adhesive.From the photo you posted it looks like there is at least 75% coverage on the tile and thats good enough.Alot of whats been said on this post is inexperience.For those people who have been tiling long enough will remember bal used to sell tools a few years ago and one trowel they had in the range was a 50% coverage.Also the trowel method of fixing is big here in the uk and some other countries but many mediterainian countries dab tiles. do yourself a favour and speak to an architect for the correct imformation.
I’m not inexperienced and no not all my jobs were 100 percent coverage but no less than seventy percent and not less than eighty percent when fixing natural stone. As far as cowboys go if the Stetson fits then you should wear it.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpy

unless its just me the correct way to fix tiles is the spread the adhesive on wall with a suitable notched trowel to gain 100% coverage.

since when has dot and dabbing tiles been acceptable in my 4 years as a tiler ive never been told d&b is ok
It was all the rage before notched trowels came along!
There are many many ways of fixing tiles,The advantage of years of experience means that you can call on some of the old skills to help you overcome problems.

G

grumpy

I’m not inexperienced and no not all my jobs were 100 percent coverage but no less than seventy percent and not less than eighty percent when fixing natural stone. As far as cowboys go if the Stetson fits then you should wear it.

Just had a look at some of your posts.I'm guessing your no stranger to pinching your nose and holding your head back!

Reply to Dot & Dab travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi All - I am searching for Todagres Aral Beige Pulido tile (large format - 32"x32"/ 120cm x...
Replies
Views
Landsteph
L
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen