Search the forum,

Discuss Dot & Dab travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

spanky

OK, I've pulled a couple of tiles off, right at the top of the wall, see pictures:
(although they had only been up 5 or 6 hours they came off with no effort whatsoever.)

24072008089.jpg

24072008090.jpg

You are most definately correct, this is getting re-done.

I will continue to post what happens.

It's such a shame as it looks beautiful.

Thanks to you all.

D

DHTiling

The job might look good to you but hidden horrors are there........please please keep us up to date........

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier...........not even back buttered.

Travertine has a fine layer of stone dust all over, front and back. bet those dots of cement come of easily as well

S

saintdom

if you have time fella take them all down tonight if its that easy and tell the guy in the morning it was like a domino effect in the middle of the night and he better get cracking, better still sack him off all together.

D

DHTiling

Also can i ask whether the walls were primed with a suitable primer.......and what adhesive was used...........i might have missed this earlier in the thread but i thought i would ask...

W

White Room

Agree with Dave, Looks like no primer and the new plaster/dusty surface has pulled the moisture from the adhesive and not adhered. Why has,nt the ceiling been painted before the tiles where fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fekin

hi spanky....you hit the nail on the head there........2 babies under 2......you do not have enough adhesive behind those tiles to firmly hold them....you should have 90% minimum....

your tile fixer is wrong FULL STOP

you should have a solid fix with that type of tile no if's or but's......

dummy.gif

You know I was saying about a few hundred years of experiance.... well thats just shot through the roof now :lol:

OldTiler.jpg

B

bj F

If I were you I would be getting in touch with rouge traders as that man needs to be stopped before he hurts someone. There is not even fifty percent coverage on that tile in the pic and it is at the top. DO NOT TACK ANY SH*T OF THIS MAN HE IS WRONG!

Reply to Dot & Dab travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi All - I am searching for Todagres Aral Beige Pulido tile (large format - 32"x32"/ 120cm x...
Replies
Views
Landsteph
L
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen