Search the forum,

Discuss Dot & Dab travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

spanky

Can someone tell me if you can dot and dab 600 x 400 travertine tiles onto a plasterboard wall?

Thanks

C

charlie1

spanky, its not a good idea to dotdab any kind of tile on to any kind of wall, never mind travertine.

S

spanky

I am being told it's fine, after 35sqm is now on the wall and I have noticed how it's being done?

S

spanky

The tiler and the contractor he is working for. They say they checked with the adhesive firm.

G

Gazzer

The tiler and the contractor he is working for. They say they checked with the adhesive firm.

Then why dont you check with the adhesive firm yourself and have the pleasure of telling them to redo it all. TOTALLY WRONG

S

spanky

I need to get a definative answer, all they keep saying is the tiles won't come off the wall, however, travertine is porous I thought, surely the adhesive is waterproof and protects the pasterboard from damp etc.

What does the British Standard say about this?

Obviously I have nearly £1000 worth of tiles on the wall in a method I am pretty sure is not correct.

But is it just not correct, this is a supposed "know what their doing" company.

I am paying quite a bit too have this done.

£7000 in all or their abouts, excluding the tiles.

Reply to Dot & Dab travertine? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi All - I am searching for Todagres Aral Beige Pulido tile (large format - 32"x32"/ 120cm x...
Replies
Views
Landsteph
L
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen