Discuss Cutting Really Hard Porcelain Tiles. in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

ok you are dealing with a high bake tile using cheap matirails total stress on the tile first you have to take out the stress the best way to do this is to core a 30 mm hole on the courner were your courner meets then scribe back to your core on the out side hole now grind out the shortest line on the inside of your scribe and then snap the long edge then grind out the remaining courner the times have been hard and a lot of tile manafators have cut cost this if the price we are now paying

S

Simon benn Leeds

Haven't used a Sigma Andy so I didn't like the post! Haha
However!! I am actually considering a large format one....
So watch this space! Haha ;)
Try and get your hands on a Kaufmann before you buy a sigma Marc, I tried the sigma the other day then tried the Kaufmann again, Kaufmann is incredible. But each to their own.

S

Simon benn Leeds

Thanks chaps, will give both methods a try and report back next week.

Still not sure how I'm going to cut the L shaped ones though without chipping the edges. :mad:
Scribe both sides, then grind/ or wet cut inside the scribe lines and rub down with your carborundum stone ( do people still use these? I do ) worth a try.

O

Old Mod

Try and get your hands on a Kaufmann before you buy a sigma Marc, I tried the sigma the other day then tried the Kaufmann again, Kaufmann is incredible. But each to their own.

Cheers for that Simon, I'll certainly try and have a go of both machines first then!
I know where I can try both the sigma and Rubi.
The Kauffman maybe a different story tho!
Unless anyone in my area has one I can try? ;)

S

Simon benn Leeds

Where in sw London are you?
I'll be doing a little job at Marble Arch in a week or 2 gladly meet up.
You bring the tile, I'll bring the beast!... ha ha.

S

Simon benn Leeds

Hahaha really funny u should say that Sy!
Was searching high and low for one of those a few months back! Haha
Found one eventually :)
Don't know what I'd do without mine!. Talk about broke in, had it YEARS!... ha ha....

Reaction score
how to wet cut with less chipping but takes time....first score a line then cut off the line with wet cutter then make another pass or two until you reach scored line,failing this use permanent marker pen and colour in chips.

Reply to Cutting Really Hard Porcelain Tiles. in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks