Search the forum,

Discuss Cost of materials.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JamesBrownLive

I'm afraid this is going to be one of those questions that exposes my ignorance.....

Is it common for the tiler to pay for the cost of the tiles to be installed, or is the customer expected to 'front' the money?

Cheers

T

TheWrightTiler

cash upfront for the tiles and i foot up to the first 75 of the materials if over that then whole amount upfront

if i buy the tiles and u cancel am stuck with tiles i dont want and usually have to pay at least a 20 percent restock charge

andy

S

Scott

I dont ask for any money up front. Unless of course i get a bad feeling about them :yikes:

D

Daz

Like Scott, I only ask for material money if I have a funny feeling about the client. I buy all materials, including all tiles on my credit card so have 30 days to pay. I expect full payment on job completion so no cash flow issues :thumbsup:.

S

SandyFloor

I don't take money upfront however when I am supplying materials ( with a mark up) that have to be ordered in I always qoute by e-mail and insist the customer confirm the order by reply. However I've been bitten a couple of time recently when the jobs have been delayed and I've had to pay for materials before the works have been completed and paid for though for one of them I was covered for the materials on delay.

I'm now considering taking a deposit.

Reply to Cost of materials.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen