Discuss coping on top of external walls/breeze block using Porcelain. Yes or No? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all, Got an external job on the go and the customer has requested the tops of the breeze block walls to be tiled using the same external 10mm porcelain tiles as the patio. My question is would it be ok to tile directly to the blocks or would I need to overboard (mechanically fixed) them first? anyone done this before? obviously slightly concerned about damp and frost in the future compromising the bond.

Cheers

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If you require total piece of mind, then you could first coat blockwork in a cement based or similar tanking system. ( belt and braces thou) largely depends on situation and weather exposure. ( porcelain should be fine).

Reply to coping on top of external walls/breeze block using Porcelain. Yes or No? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks