Search the forum,

Discuss coping on top of external walls/breeze block using Porcelain. Yes or No? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all, Got an external job on the go and the customer has requested the tops of the breeze block walls to be tiled using the same external 10mm porcelain tiles as the patio. My question is would it be ok to tile directly to the blocks or would I need to overboard (mechanically fixed) them first? anyone done this before? obviously slightly concerned about damp and frost in the future compromising the bond.

Cheers

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If you require total piece of mind, then you could first coat blockwork in a cement based or similar tanking system. ( belt and braces thou) largely depends on situation and weather exposure. ( porcelain should be fine).

Reply to coping on top of external walls/breeze block using Porcelain. Yes or No? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen