Search the forum,

Discuss can we fix ditra mat down with a gypson adhesive ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rookery

If my memory serves me well, in the early days didnt Schluter recommend sticking Ditra down with Blue Star?

B

bugs183

I remember something similar when we started using it around 1994ish they did say in theory it could be stuck down with wall tile adhesive as it was designed to uncouple.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not familiar with the af200 specifically but it's perfectly acceptable to use a vanilla adhesive for ditra. The only concern I wold have would be the implication on heavy point loading due to the dimples not being filled with a rigid adhesive but from a practical pontiff view is this really an issue.... Based on Lynn's comments I would suggest not.

B

bugs183

The adhesive would spread the same to the fleece backing with cement based or vinyl adhesive. As long as the dovetailed holes are filled above with cement based adhesive as Schluter recommend i can't see it being a loading problem.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The adhesive would spread the same to the fleece backing with cement based or vinyl adhesive. As long as the dovetailed holes are filled above with cement based adhesive as Schluter recommend i can't see it being a loading problem.

Question answered then methinks.

M

Mark S

Hi, the AF200 is a good adhesive, please do check the moisture content, I know this has been been mentioned in previous posts, but is important.
The 2 methods to test are the hygrometer box, and carbide bomb.
I would also check with Creative Impressions and Kerakoll for their advice re gypsum friendly adhesives and sticking down the Ditra

Reply to can we fix ditra mat down with a gypson adhesive ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen