Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss businesss cards have arrived today! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Ian

Sensible answer is, tile shops, plumbers, kitchen companies, anyone who has links to the tiling industry basically.

M

Mr T

yeh I suppose tile shops but wont I have to know someone really with all the tillers trying to get work?

Reaction score
You're gonna have to go in one day. So get going..

Go in and have a chat. They're all usually friendly. Make out that you're pricing up some tiles or materials for a job, get the chat going. Look at a few displays, ask what brands they stock (Bal, Mapei/Ultra etc), tell them you're new and getting going and that you'll be using them in the future.. they'll be fine with you.

Dish out some cards, don't expect the calls straight away though.

My tip is to always keep cards in your pocket, for when you bump into people - everyone is a potential customer, pals, family, bloke in the pub... anyone

G

Gazzer

Personally I wouldn't bother with tile shops yet, you dont have the experience.
Even when you have its a lottery, they will say they will hand your cards out but until you prove to be a good customer to them they wont. Most of the local shops her have favourites and then there are lots of cards. I went into Topps recently for a client and while waiting for the order I am sure I counted 20 different cards for tilers.

M

Mr T

nice positive feedback mate nice one :)... I don't really know what im talkin about but im on my travels tmoz so when I come across a tile shop out of my area il pop in n see how it goes lol... was that what brand of tiles they stock? and yeh got my free case from vista print il be chaining that to me lol nice one

Reaction score
SORRY mr tiler ,but cards are a waste of time in general ! i know you are exited by the fact that its the first time prob's that you have seen your name in light's so to speak , but lets look at it from the experienced in life side of thing's anyone can even go to a machine and have a card printed saying anything, so what does that prove to anybody!! about your tiling Nothing !! i never wast my time with all the card thing, even most peeps that do give me there cards now i BIN, sorry if this upsets you just trying to bring you down to earth, otherwise you will spend lots of time dishing them out to everyone and 90% will end -up in the bin, get a web-site , and advertise in local rag, regularly , print-up a letter of introduction and send them out to builders, architects,kitchen fitters,conservatory company s , anyone you think needs a tiler. BUT you must have something that set you apart from the others like an offer 30% reduction for the first three jobs, good luck mate !! you are going to need it..........

M

Mr T

yes mate I understand its not easy and thanks for the reality check... I don't have a reputation atm so I know I wont get much work I just figured using business cards will get me the first few smaller jobs I need to get the practise in as that's what a business card is more likely to bring in because im sure for the big jobs people already have recommended tillers to do it cheers

J

joshtiler

Local CTD to me print business cards for you for free if you recommend them and use them regularly, when I run out I just tell them and get a load more :)

Reply to businesss cards have arrived today! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks