Search the forum,

Discuss businesss cards have arrived today! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
SORRY mr tiler ,but cards are a waste of time in general ! i know you are exited by the fact that its the first time prob's that you have seen your name in light's so to speak , but lets look at it from the experienced in life side of thing's anyone can even go to a machine and have a card printed saying anything, so what does that prove to anybody!! about your tiling Nothing !! i never wast my time with all the card thing, even most peeps that do give me there cards now i BIN, sorry if this upsets you just trying to bring you down to earth, otherwise you will spend lots of time dishing them out to everyone and 90% will end -up in the bin, get a web-site , and advertise in local rag, regularly , print-up a letter of introduction and send them out to builders, architects,kitchen fitters,conservatory company s , anyone you think needs a tiler. BUT you must have something that set you apart from the others like an offer 30% reduction for the first three jobs, good luck mate !! you are going to need it..........

M

Mr T

yes mate I understand its not easy and thanks for the reality check... I don't have a reputation atm so I know I wont get much work I just figured using business cards will get me the first few smaller jobs I need to get the practise in as that's what a business card is more likely to bring in because im sure for the big jobs people already have recommended tillers to do it cheers

J

joshtiler

Local CTD to me print business cards for you for free if you recommend them and use them regularly, when I run out I just tell them and get a load more :)

J

joshtiler

Ceramic tile distributors mate it's a tile shop :) they have stores all over uk but find what shop suits you best I tend to stick with CTD as they do me great deals and get on really well with the guys in there. Haven't really ventured out to the likes of topps tiles or tile giant so can't say what they offer :)

M

Mr T

yeh mate I just looked it is kings Norton lol yeh im just off the black country route so tile choice is down the road... dont knock the bus rider lol

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

CTD free cards are OK, If you want to send customers in there. But don't drop them in any other tile shops, as your details are on one side of the card and CTD's details are on the reverse, won't go down well with other suppliers.:thumbsup:

Reply to businesss cards have arrived today! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen