Search the forum,

Discuss Best wall tile adhesive out there in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the best wall tile adhesive out there in your opinion? Obviously there's diffferent types for different applications but I mean generally.

Recommended: [DLMURL]http://www.mapei.co.uk[/DLMURL] - Wall and floor tile adhesive.

View attachment 61488

Last edited:
T

toots tiling

Any BAL products wouldnt use anything else, there is a lot of crap out there:rolleyes: palace is one of the s*!t ones not to fond of that mapei stuff.:eek:

M

Matty A

As you know i am new to tiling
and on my first job my customer supplied all materials including palace mutli-flex rapid set for the floor i started using it and there was somthing about it that i didnt like but topps tiles recommended it to him they also recommended he buy topps fix (topps own adh') so i checked with topps and the store i went in said they had never heard if it good comunication there then :D I told him to take back the topps fix tub gear and i used BAL sgl part flex for the walls as i was fixing 400 by 400.

So BAL all the way for me :)

T

toots tiling

As they are new to the adhesives range I think they may have a few problems (H&R Johnsons)

S

Smiths

toots tiling said:
Any BAL products wouldnt use anything else, there is a lot of crap out there:rolleyes: palace is one of the s*!t ones not to fond of that mapei stuff.:eek:
Rubbish, Mapei is top gear, beats the pants off Bal. That's from experience, toots.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Mapei are also well established, they've made some unique ranges too, seen some of their stands at exhibitions and they are MASSIVE so they certainly have a good place in the market. Never really used them for long periods of time nor have I used some of their unique adhesives, like the one that sticks to tongue and groove floors, like the BAL fastflex and the likes. So I suppose I can't really say. I've heard palace isn't too professional, and things like evostick etc

Reply to Best wall tile adhesive out there in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
The saga of my hollow floor 50sqm continues. All tiles now lifted but there is adhesive around...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen