Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Best wall tile adhesive out there in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What's the best wall tile adhesive out there in your opinion? Obviously there's diffferent types for different applications but I mean generally.

Recommended: [DLMURL]http://www.mapei.co.uk[/DLMURL] - Wall and floor tile adhesive.

View attachment 61488

Last edited:
T

toots tiling

Any BAL products wouldnt use anything else, there is a lot of crap out there:rolleyes: palace is one of the s*!t ones not to fond of that mapei stuff.:eek:

M

Matty A

As you know i am new to tiling
and on my first job my customer supplied all materials including palace mutli-flex rapid set for the floor i started using it and there was somthing about it that i didnt like but topps tiles recommended it to him they also recommended he buy topps fix (topps own adh') so i checked with topps and the store i went in said they had never heard if it good comunication there then :D I told him to take back the topps fix tub gear and i used BAL sgl part flex for the walls as i was fixing 400 by 400.

So BAL all the way for me :)

T

toots tiling

As they are new to the adhesives range I think they may have a few problems (H&R Johnsons)

S

Smiths

toots tiling said:
Any BAL products wouldnt use anything else, there is a lot of crap out there:rolleyes: palace is one of the s*!t ones not to fond of that mapei stuff.:eek:
Rubbish, Mapei is top gear, beats the pants off Bal. That's from experience, toots.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Mapei are also well established, they've made some unique ranges too, seen some of their stands at exhibitions and they are MASSIVE so they certainly have a good place in the market. Never really used them for long periods of time nor have I used some of their unique adhesives, like the one that sticks to tongue and groove floors, like the BAL fastflex and the likes. So I suppose I can't really say. I've heard palace isn't too professional, and things like evostick etc

S

Smiths

Admin said:
Mapei are also well established, they've made some unique ranges too, seen some of their stands at exhibitions and they are MASSIVE so they certainly have a good place in the market. Never really used them for long periods of time nor have I used some of their unique adhesives, like the one that sticks to tongue and groove floors, like the BAL fastflex and the likes. So I suppose I can't really say. I've heard palace isn't too professional, and things like evostick etc
I've used both Bal and Mapei tub gear for years and Mapei is much easier to spread and has a higher grip.
Newbie tilers who have only ever used Bal and rarely used Mapei(if ever), should try it. Saying that, Bal Single Part Flex(cement-based) is very good. Granfix's multi-fix tub gear is also very good and self priming.
Mapei Ultracolor grout is far superior to Bal's version. Granfix wall grout is also decent.

A

Ardex1

Dependant upon substrate that your application refers to you can't go wrong with D20 as it has built in admixes so no primer required when applying to porous surfaces therefore cutting down on working time and the properties within the adhesive ensure that you get no rolling of the ribs even after going over multiple times .Plus piece of mind to finished project. You can also hold up a breeze block with no slippage!

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Palace supergrip is the one i use for ceramics on walls, totally no slip, no battens required, its quite thick and strong to trowel though. Its an acrylic class B adhesive use for dry and occasionally wet areas,

Reply to Best wall tile adhesive out there in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks