Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PHG Dave

Good one..
I was slightly concerned when i saw the pic of the underside of the tray with the cut-out for the pipe that it might of been foam cored as per the Showerlay tray and would need full support.
Look forward to seeing the ongoing pics :thumbsup:

D

davemul

Started to plumb the shower pump and flow sensors for the dry deck today. Better not leak!

a6cf65c9.jpg

f02c8f39.jpg

f63e1d77.jpg

3370a337.jpg

did some plumbing for the shower mixer and some electrics also... more pics tomorrow

this bathroom lark is stressful!

O

One Day

Have to say I'm impressed with the plumbing!
Do you opt for push fit over soldering for the same reason I do: insurance?!

D

davemul

Pushfit for ease in my situation. I'm only using compression where its a last resort and im no plumber so am not going near solder! :)

Only problem is copper pushfits are so expensive! I reckon ive spent £800 in fittings and pipe alone so far!

O

One Day

I either use a local plumbers merchant for speedfix (plastic) or B&Q trade section if I am out of town for similar prices.
I use speedfix on copper pipe - I'm NO plumber either, but I'm insured and I know what I'm doing - kind of!

(Those copper pushfit are about four times the price of speedfix at a merchants)

D

davemul

Riiighty ho.... Today I have been a proper bender!

Pipe bender that is!

Shower mixer/thermostat hot and colds are fully plumbed from the new pump

Shower head fitting is also plumbed

Tomorrow i'll route the pipework for the bath taps, cap them off and then turn the water on and try and fix all the leaks!

bit concerned with the shower mixer but I used a good few loops of gas ptfe tape on the screw in unions and they went in pretty tight so fingers crossed!

fb85d36c.jpg

552049f0.jpg

c7e657ba.jpg

9baef84c.jpg

bd59b024.jpg

b0e6dfcc.jpg

efda173b.jpg

and the mess that is my desk.. where I try to work things for this damn bathroom out! oh and ask questions to you kind folk on here of course!

83f49863.jpg

D

davemul

Finally, all the plumbing / re routing is finished. It's all tested too. Shower turns pump on, no leaks anywhere (touches wood)

Pipes done, just sorting some extra wiring / tidying up the old stuff too. Previous installer had it running everywhere and not clipped anywhere!

insulated the hot water pipes too. Have left the cold and shower waste pipes. Had to add a few noggins to support the edges of where the plywood will meet and the perimeter of the marmox wet room tray

984ad9ed.jpg

d75adc49.jpg

e4d6c63a.jpg

Next I layed some insulation in between the joists. Not over any cables now they have been tidied up and clipped to the joists. HOW ITCHY! very itchy!

22faf05d.jpg

Started to prime the underside and edges of the WBP ready to lay

e15b4b69.jpg

WBP now fixed. Every 150 centres. Used a lot of screws!

1300b114.jpg

cd4484f9.jpg

Most of the electrics now in, apart from some final clipping, I should be ready to test / set up the dry deck once ive fixed the wet room tray/gulley. Added a light in the cupboard aswell that comes on when door opens as it was getting dark in there!

043782e2.jpg

58f9aadb.jpg

next step.. laying the marmox boards and tanking!

Reply to Bathroom project - Work in progress in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen