Search the forum,

Discuss Arrows on back of porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dave H

Do you take note of direction arrows on back of most porcelain, are they for tilers benefit or just
for production purposes, have spoken to various tilers with varying thoughts

D

Dave H

Obviously you don't, have a look next time you fix porcelain, normally a small arrow at one edge, and normally following direction of any pattern.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Obviously you don't, have a look next time you fix porcelain, normally a small arrow at one edge, and normally following direction of any pattern.

You've answered your own question there then Dave if the arrows point in the direction of a pattern to follow!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
This way up?? lol

Can't say ive ever paid attention to it, the pattern on the face of the tile usually tells you. I would of hazard a guess at a production marking though. If any tile has a destinct pattern, surely just look at the tile face?

D

Dave H

You've answered your own question there then Dave if the arrows point in the direction of a pattern to follow!

Normally yes, but not always the case, also had some Cotto de este 60x60 recently that were a fraction difference in size one way to other, over a few tiles this makes a difference.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They're for the cowboy tilers so they can think they are being attacks by Indians....

C

carlito

Just done over 200m2 of 60 x 60 porcelain and noticed the arrows. Didn't pay too much attention to them but tiles have gone down ok.

Reply to Arrows on back of porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen