Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Ardex WPC, Bal Waterproof Shower Kit or Dunlop waterproof tanking kit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rickyticky

Hi I am about to use one of these kits to waterproof a new shower area, I have never done this before, which one should I use and which one is the most user friendly?

Also where can I go and buy them I need it today ideally?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
:smilewinkgrin:

C

CDS

Ricky - I personally favour the Bal WP1 system, pretty much a case of, masking the area to be tanked, applying webbing tape to corners and joins, painting on and then waiting 24 hrs for it to dry. The kit retails at about 70 quid in Topps so worth trying to negotiate a discount!

Never used Ardex so couldn't comment. I understand the Dunlop kit is pretty much the same as Bal (same company) but I can't get it down my way - It will almost certainly be cheaper than Bal if you can get hold of it though!

G

grumpygrouter

Check out Wetdecs, our forum sponsor....he supplies excellent products for this and he is very competative on price. No waiting around either, apply the membrane and joint tape as required then tile away.

D

DHTiling

I think IMO that membranes are much easier and better than solution kits, and cheaper....:thumbsup:

Durabase wp...give wetdecs a shout....:thumbsup:

Reply to Ardex WPC, Bal Waterproof Shower Kit or Dunlop waterproof tanking kit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks