Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss any seal product to cover large gap between tiles and shower tray?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

beanz

TF
Reaction score
What would you recommend Macten? I had been starting to like the sound of the 'window trim' with tanking behind and siliconed top and bottom. Corner obviously a potential problem area, but I think if it's monitered and any failure rectified quickly then it could be the best bet. Can't raise shower tray as its a quadrant so impossible to fill the curved gap which would be left.

ps can't risk removing tiles as no spares.

Make sure you silicone behind the trim (If you end up going down this route), as well as top and bottom, if only to hold the trim in place. ;)

C

CON5933

I've fixed 6 leaks in bathrooms with this stuff on, takes ages to get off as loads of silicone behind and on top.
3 were seals made for ontop of tile, 3 were made to go behind tile.
All leaking like good ones in the corners - don't touch the stuff - plus they go mouldy and discoloured real quick.

I understand what you mean Mac, but i've never had a problem with them.:thumbsup:as long as they are sealed properly and the substrate is protected..
as far as discolouring goes....oh ok then:smilewinkgrin:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What would you recommend Macten? I had been starting to like the sound of the 'window trim' with tanking behind and siliconed top and bottom. Corner obviously a potential problem area, but I think if it's monitered and any failure rectified quickly then it could be the best bet. Can't raise shower tray as its a quadrant so impossible to fill the curved gap which would be left.

ps can't risk removing tiles as no spares.

Well if you can't raise tray or replace better fitting tiles then I guess you will have to go this route.
Get you're internal mitres absolutely spot on and use LOADS of silicone and don't use shower for 48 hrs.

T

Time's Ran Out

I thought my option in post 4 was a possibility!
What colour are the wall tiles in the shower - Gulf Stone is normally black - so any trim/window seal will stand out a bit!
Another option is a Cristal bath trim set of moulded quadrants - they use to make them in all colours inc black, but you might only get white these days:thumbsup:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry Timeless - genius idea if he has spare tiles for skirting :thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Sorry Timeless - genius idea if he has spare tiles for skirting :thumbsup:

He could always buy 1 tile (about £12-00) and cut it into 6 equal 50mm pieces - which will give 1800mm in length - then round and polish the top edge of each before fixing with black rubber silicone sealant!:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I thought my option in post 4 was a possibility!
What colour are the wall tiles in the shower - Gulf Stone is normally black - so any trim/window seal will stand out a bit!
Another option is a Cristal bath trim set of moulded quadrants - they use to make them in all colours inc black, but you might only get white these days:thumbsup:

You can still get a few colours john...:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

The quadrant tiles are shaped like this..

ceramic_quadrant.jpg

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...=/images?q=quadrant+bath+tile&hl=en&sa=G&um=1

B

BTB

Thats uPVC quadrant.

The alternative is "D Mould" which is a flatter profile and comes in various sizes :thumbsup:

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for all replies chaps, wall tiles are beige and they don't have any spares. I think white is the best match and the old quadrant tiles may work but i think they are a bit bulky. It looks like the specific product I was looking for doesn't exist so I'll give them the options above. thanks again all.

Reply to any seal product to cover large gap between tiles and shower tray?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks