Search the forum,

Discuss Anhydrite Screeds: Are You Confident When Tiling To Them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

I have'nt had the privilege yet but mention to other trades and they have'nt a clue and never heard of it.... :confused_smile:

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
HOW is the moisture test done? Only ever done 1, was flat as a pancake. Did the latence removal and primed twice with "primer G' as i recall. Never had call backs from ir and that was around 8 yrs ago.

S

Stef

Question..
How do you know what the screed is?
Say the screed has been down a couple of years & no one knows who poured it, how do you test to find out if its concrete or a calcium screed?

I

Ian

Question..
How do you know what the screed is?
Say the screed has been down a couple of years & no one knows who poured it, how do you test to find out if its concrete or a calcium screed?

That is a good question Stef, I don't know if there is an official test that can be done but, they are a different colour to S&C, sort of a yellow colour. If the floor has been carpeted there's a fair chance the laitence will still be there as well, normally some around the edges where the sander couldn't reach, I had to do the edges on this one I'm doing, the sander the builder used left a 100mm band by the walls!!!

S

Stef

Bri, I've been looking at this floor I'm going to be doing for a couple of weeks now.
There is very little laittance coming to the surface of the screed & I would struggle to tell what it is.
I can't believe how hard the screed is.

I

Ian

Hopefully Alan can give us an answer to your question, it'll be something really simple no doubt.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Same as Whitebeam for me, not had the pleasure as yet... It's just a matter of time for us all though i reckon. But by that time there will be a new screed out that's even better than the last...

S

Stef

Well Moisture test done today,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376416966.557909.jpg

Start tiling tomorrow!!

Reply to Anhydrite Screeds: Are You Confident When Tiling To Them? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen