Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Access Panel in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

scotmk

I am very please with my access panel. Took me as long as it took to do a whole wall, but not bad at a all lol.

20160204_100357.jpg
20160204_100413.jpg

P

p4ulo

Oh yes, that looks nice.
Is it just made out of tile edging strips?
And, how does it go in / pull out?

S

scotmk

Yes, set of edging on bath and another set of edging on panel with a 1 to 2 mm gap.

Got a 8 magnetic push openers on 2 on each straights. Push them in and it comes out enough to grab and pull of the magnets then click them back in. Like on posh kitchen doors lol.

F

Flintstone

Access panels are always a tricky thing to get to function and look right. Looks decent.
What are you going to do with the gap to the ceiling?

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Nice work. I always work to hole tiles or two then silicone in with matching colour, saves on magnets and catches.
Those tiles at the back of the room...are they from home base ?
I think they are from Ctd if not they have one very similar.

Is the temp plug socket on the lighting ring. Remember it's only 6amp

W

White Room

Nice work. I always work to hole tiles or two then silicone in with matching colour, saves on magnets and catches.
I think they are from Ctd if not they have one very similar.

Is the temp plug socket on the lighting ring. Remember it's only 6amp
Just finished a job with exact same pattern from Homebase.....

Q

Qwerty

I hate access panels.
I use marmox or wedi board then colour match silicone in the joint of one tile for access. Can be cut out with a multisaw, or Stanley knife.
Oh, and leave a couple of spare tiles under the bath.

Same here

S

scotmk

The panel is a door from b n q then I have cement boarded it then tiled it with edging.

The tiles are not from homebase, they are from our local tiling/bathroom place.

The plug socket is only 3 amp and it's going inside a cupboard for the under cabinet lights, my electrical man said it's classed as another room as its in cupboard and the planning guy has signed it off ok.

I have 1 box of each tile spare.

I covered the gap already in another post, going to be grouted then masked and painted to match ceiling so it blends and vanishes.

T

Time's Ran Out

Looks a good effort and I hope you've enjoyed it so far.
That exterior trim corner on the bath looks a bit sharp - I tend to bend the trim around.

S

scotmk

Looks a good effort and I hope you've enjoyed it so far.
That exterior trim corner on the bath looks a bit sharp - I tend to bend the trim around.

Thanks, been a big job, just finished now big clean up before start grouting on mo day.

That trim looks wise than it is still got the film on it and it's peeling at the top lol. The shower screen is coming over near this so will be covered

Reply to Access Panel in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks