Discuss Tiling my bathroom help please. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Pete c

-
Reaction score
Hi all. I am tiling my bathroom after removing old suite. I have used a batten all the way around half a tile above where the bath will go. I am now tiling above batten. Once I’ve done that how do I go about tiling below where the batten was please ? Do I have to measure and put another batten below just above where the last part tile will go to floor. ? Thank you and I await your response.

Reaction score
Yes, set a batten so there is just one cut under it, once the batten is removed, you can just use packers to the floor to level the bottom row up

Reaction score
I would of started a full tile from Bath, depending on size/type of tile. When I am ever asked if i have any tiling tips and advice I always say; yes, call a tiler. Best of luck

Reaction score
Bathroom tiling looks better balanced one tile off the bath. It’s tile size dependant of course. Run the batten around from the bath top. Once the tiles are set remove the batten and purchase a tile levelling system which clamps the tiles to each other bihui t spin is a good system. These clamps will easily hold the tiles as you move down the wall. Cut the last tile to the floor. Packers will not be needed.
As a bonus, buy the clamps and use them when tiling your bathroom. They will be a game changer for you. You can thank me later!

Kastar UK

Arms
Reaction score
Really should of set the levels for the bath to begin .
Wood batons are ok , something with a true edge is better
Measure down for baton and give few mm extra to pack each tile up to your line dont try to do it to tight
300 mm tile usually works over the bath , a cut floor and ceiling , cuts to the window height

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi.

You've had your tiling questions answered. But I'm just intrigued as to whether you've allowed for getting the bath in as you've tiled the walls first.
I'm assuming it's in to an alcove with walls on three sides?

Pete c

-
Reaction score
Hi.

You've had your tiling questions answered. But I'm just intrigued as to whether you've allowed for getting the bath in as you've tiled the walls first.
I'm assuming it's in to an alcove with walls on three sides?
No not in alcove but I battened all round the room to the lowest point being the bath around half a tile above bath (tiles 600x600) then I’m putting bath in tiling down to it to protect bath as best I can then floor followed by vanity unit and toilet Tough work though.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
No not in alcove but I battened all round the room to the lowest point being the bath around half a tile above bath (tiles 600x600) then I’m putting bath in tiling down to it to protect bath as best I can then floor followed by vanity unit and toilet Tough work though.
Fair enough.
Just wondered as you might struggle to get a bath in if you've tiled above the space on three sides

Good luck with your project

Reply to Tiling my bathroom help please. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks