Search the forum,

Discuss TX 700 N or Sigma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
sad this... am replying to my own post :) Am finally mastering using the Masterpiuma 93 cutter on porcelain. Slam the snapper down on small cuts or for BIG cuts stomp on the handle with my heavy boots ! Thats not mentioned in any manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pmsl...

T

tiler burden

if there good enough for you dave, then there certainly good enough for me mate ;0)

i will be on the Rubi Tile Cutters, Scaffolding Tools, Tape Measures & Measuring Tools UK site in the morning, ordering away. if i go on now, god knows what i'll buy after a few beers??? i also bought some 365 drill bits yesterday after your endorsement,s o i've got those to look forward to on mon or tue. tools are the toys for grown ups hey??

thanks again dave for your advice mate

ed

S

Stringbean

I note that the Rubi TX-700-N cuts porcelain but can this also be used for other tiles such as ceramic wall tiles?

Thanks.

Also, what is the difference between the Rubi TX-700 model and the "N" model? I can't seem to find any difference when looking at the specs on the various websites.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

neil widdow

the tx 700n is a great cutter, also own the montolit masterpiuma 52 great as well, just comes down to your own perference.not tryed a sigma .

F

fipple

Hi ALL!...im newbie so be gentle:)...im an occassional tiler,i do a pretty good job and like to have good tools,so that leads me onto my questions...are sigmas really that good a cutter? and where does montolit feature in the grand scheme of the tile world..ive reas many forums here that seem divided (which is understandable)but sigma seem expensive and i wondered y? are they that gd ?

G

Gazzer

Hi ALL!...im newbie so be gentle:)...im an occassional tiler,i do a pretty good job and like to have good tools,so that leads me onto my questions...are sigmas really that good a cutter? and where does montolit feature in the grand scheme of the tile world..ive reas many forums here that seem divided (which is understandable)but sigma seem expensive and i wondered y? are they that gd ?

Expensive ??? I think they are the cheaper of of the 3 main manufacturers.

Reply to TX 700 N or Sigma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen