Search the forum,

Discuss 3 way corner trim mitre has me really confused????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

scone2006

how an earth do u do these a while ago someone posted up pics on how to do these but i couldnt view can someone please help i have a job on and mitre s are coming up soon

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
How's THIS? :D

Get a length and practise it a few times mate. Good luck with your job.

You may need a rubbing block or some smooth sand-paper to really tidy the cuts up if you've used a hack-saw with big teeth. A find tooth hacksaw would be better, one of those smaller ones.

Do it on a block not your leg! (that's personal advice from a guy wtih lots of holes in his work jeans).

B

bigneil

if it is gonna be too much of a hassle trying to do the mitre cuts you can always try those wee corner pieces that are avialable.Link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
S

scone2006

cheers neil but these s are 12.5 mm thick chrome homelux trim i havent done a 3 way mite before just looking for a picture reference on how to do it

M

MICK the Tiler

Hi scone,

You need to be a tile forums "Arms member".

Keep posting your questions and you will become a "proffesional tiler" and gain automatic entry to the "arms" the proffesional tilers hang out. I'll shout you a pint when I see you there.

Cheer Mick. :thumbsup:

B

bigneil

here are two pics of the 3 way mitre in my kitchen, (I didn't do them by the way, they came with the house). the upright length is cut strait and the two meeting on the top edge are mitred. but they have been clipped off or sanded down at the point and left rough then filled with grout to hide it but the basic idea is clear.
hope this is helpful

Attachments

• ebay june08 001.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 125
  • ebay june08 002.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:
B

bigneil

i know that the example i have shown is kinda ruogh but if you use a mitre block and a sharp fine tooth hacksaw you should be able to create a much tidier saw cut and if you are left with a really sharp point you can always just smooth it off with something, just not something as rough as was used on mine :thumbsup:

Reply to 3 way corner trim mitre has me really confused????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen