Search the forum,

Discuss 3 way corner trim mitre has me really confused????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bigneil

here are two pics of the 3 way mitre in my kitchen, (I didn't do them by the way, they came with the house). the upright length is cut strait and the two meeting on the top edge are mitred. but they have been clipped off or sanded down at the point and left rough then filled with grout to hide it but the basic idea is clear.
hope this is helpful

Attachments

• ebay june08 001.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 125
  • ebay june08 002.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:
B

bigneil

i know that the example i have shown is kinda ruogh but if you use a mitre block and a sharp fine tooth hacksaw you should be able to create a much tidier saw cut and if you are left with a really sharp point you can always just smooth it off with something, just not something as rough as was used on mine :thumbsup:

B

bigneil

dont buy rubbishy ones for starters. if you go to local hardware store and start reading the back of the packets you will notice that the blades have different sizes and quantities of teeth, in "teeth per inch" most are either 32 or 24 TPI. follow the guide lines on the packet to see which ones are best suited to which materials, junior hacksaw size would probably be your best bet for a neat cut because the bigger 12" blades usually have a wavy effect when seen from above that is designed to stop the blade from jamming but also leaves a rougher edge. remeber to buy one of those wee mitre blocks that a junior hacksaw will fit into, there are usually some cheap plastic ones in the tiling section.

S

smartile

if you are using chrome trims and mitre make sure the point is filed smooth...three way mitres on any metal trim are f 'ing lethal and you dont want someone to cut their wrists on them and making a claim off you! I would source a corner piece. unilux make 12.5mm 2 way corners

T

tiler burden

the pictures on big neils house are what i call a 'builders 3 way miter' lol

the verticle strip needs to have a arrow point merging into the where the two top edging strips meet. so there needs to be a v - shape cut out about halfway way up the point to accomodate the verticle bead.

ed

Reply to 3 way corner trim mitre has me really confused????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen