Search the forum,

Discuss worout tile cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

harry030907

hi all, just a quick question, if i tile from floor to ceiling would i work it out so i have two equal cuts top and bottom or one full tile at the bottom and an off cut at the top? thankyoooooooooooou all.:huh2:

J

Jimmy Boy

I'd go with 1st option.

2nd Depends on the size of the cut you will be left with, as in this case at the top if it's 3/4 of a tile or over, and it's appearance in conjunction with the overall floor to ceiling look, does it look balanced enough for you or whoever to live with.

G

grumpygrouter

Personally I wouldn't be looking ot have a full tile on the floor. Unless you have a perfectly level floor you will end up with a sliver cut somewhere as the floor runs out.

You will need to take into account cuts around any doors and windows which is probably more important for appearance than equal cuts top and bottom.

Grumpy

F

Fekin

As grumpy has stated.

If it's a bathroom, you have other factors to think about first like where will the grout line drop on the bath edge, how will the window pan out when I come to tile around that too.

Theres far too many factors to take account of instead of just wondering wether to get equal cuts top and bottom of a wall.

You could mark out and find it looks far better centering the window then working outwards and having a 1/4 tile at floor level and it works out 3/4 tile to the roof, and so on.

F

Fekin

I know, but I was presuming harry's on about doing a full room, which he didn't really say.

If it was a one off wall with nothing to cut around... just a plain blank wall then I'd half tile top and bottom, or near as dammit.

Reply to worout tile cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen