Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Workwear in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Ian

Bri...we allowed shorts ?..:)
I've got a pair of three quarter length trousers that I wear at this time of year, just an old pair of trousers chopped off below the pad pockets, I can't work without pads, even when I'm doing walls. So yes, shorts are ok as long as they are embroidered with your company logo and are BS approved :tearsofjoy:

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use 2 so as I move along I keep moving the spare one ahead of me so there's always something to kneel on. I might try the Alpro one as their knee pads are great

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Does it not get annoying having to keep moving it around with you? Or is it something that you just get used to? I'd end up starting off with it and leaving it behind!
It's a bit of a pain when doing a floor but ideal for a bathroom doing the bottom few rows of tiles when you don't move about to much.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I use 2 so as I move along I keep moving the spare one ahead of me so there's always something to kneel on. I might try the Alpro one as their knee pads are great
Try one mate....they have come down in price as well....get one for £20 they used to be twice that....can't recommend them enough...best thing I've ever knelt on.

O

Old Mod

Even had to get it out the van to propose to her !!...
lol-031.gif

J

Just Rizzle

last year I bought 10 pairs of work were trousers from aldi at 8,99 a pair ive only binned 3 to date there incredibly good value for money. I'm with bri , hate trackies, so un professional .chave tiling .com

Reaction score
i wear proper work trousers & waste 20 minutes per day. too many pockets not enough pencils. first thing with a new pair is to cut those flappy external pockets off. considering asking wife to sew up some of the other ones too.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I don't like trakkies and I won't do kitchen splash backs, I'm not painting a very good picture of myself :tearsofjoy:
Feel bad now. Just done said back splash in trakkies........... In my defence I'm sick of work wear splitting. Last pair of site ones from screwfix were to tight so couldn't move around well when plastering. Tried tesco jeans and found a pair a job expensive as they would fail to. I did have a hoody on in matching colour with my biz name on. So maybe I can be forgiven.?

Last edited:

Reply to Workwear in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks